I split town for the holidays and headed south to visit family. Good times in the Sunshine State. Beats the hell outta the current 20 degrees and windy. I got back this week and have been keeping super busy with the project. Spent a ton of time getting into the engine and frame cleaning thing up and prepping for paint. Took a while and made a hell of a mess degreasing and prepping everything but as of today, the engines bolted up and finished.
I had a very slow leak from under the valve cover gasket which was addressed. I replaced all of the puck seals and installed new gaskets on the following:valve cover, breather cover, side tappet inspection gaskets, starter cover, points cover, dyno cover, and valve adjustment tappets. Everything's torqued back down to spec. Painted the parts and engine with Duplicolor High Temp Engine Paint and am curious to see how it holds up. Looks pretty good for now. Wish I had access to a better work area and parts cleaner/blasting cabinet, but for spraying everything under tarps 5 feet from my bed and 10 feet from the kitchen, I'm happy with the results. Still high on paint fumes, but happy nonetheless.
I have to finish cleaning up and painting the frame next and am hoping to reinstall the engine this weekend. Just ordered new tapered steering bearings and rear shocks as well as a ton new replacement bolts and screws for the rest of the bike, fork seals, headlight ears, etc...