The Beginning: SouthSideTons

Southsidetons

I Bought this bike off Ebay back in Sept. Did some minor work in my parking garage, but needed way more space. Unfortunately time was not in my favor so no work was done on the bike until last week, with my boy Kiley AKA Kanticoy (Project GRETTA). In that time I have purchased enough parts to rebuild 2 or 3 bikes. But we will stick to this one for now.

Just Purchased: Sept 09
RbHttpHandler4.jpg

RbHttpHandler2.jpg

RbHttpHandler.jpg

RbHttpHandler3.jpg

High Rise Parking Garage Work/Mods/Pics:
750leftside.jpg

750rightside.jpg

Front.jpg

Guages.jpg

LightOptions1.jpg

LightOptions2.jpg

MountedSeat.jpg

Rear.jpg

So Kiley and I hooked up Sunday in Al to do some fabrication on the frame and get things kicked off. By the way, Kileys bike Project Gretta is sicker in person than any pic can do justice. I will be using a CBR F4 Rear end to compensate for the width of the 750 engine so from the rear you will see more than engine. Good progress was made in grinding the frame to accept the wider to accept the F4 swingarm.

12-6-09
UncutFrame.jpg

SwingArm.jpg

SwingArmGrind.jpg

swingarmgrind2.jpg

SwingArmmock.jpg

SwingArmMock2.jpg

GO! GO! GO! Nice to see the later model 750's (?) it is a 750 right? getting done. I had an '82 that I painted almost exactly that color. They can look really cool and you have a great start!

Oh you're too kind D!

I'm glad to see this thing finally kicked off. There are a lot of good ideas planned for this sucker. I love the reliability of the dohc 750s, and it was amazing to see how accepting the frame was of the cbr swingarm. Heck yeah brother, welcome to the addiction!!!

Southsidetons said:

I'm liking where you put the indicators, great spot for them. I'm also digging the placement of these lights. Are you thinking that the lower light would be out farther than the top one? I'd almost want to snug the gauges up a bit with that smaller diameter of lights.

Jay

Lookin good. Are you gonna mono shock it or leave it dual. Those indicator lights are smart. Fat tires rule. Keep it up.

Re: The Beginning: SouthSideTons

Going With The Mono Shock. Not sure with the lights as of yet, want to get all the frame work done then focus on the electrical work. Yes, it is a 79 CB 750.

hey man,
nice bike.
question??
are you going to use the fairing???
if not, are you selling it???
would look sweet on my cb500.
let me know,
thanks,
later.

The fairing was in bad shape, so I had to let it go. Try Airtech, they have nice vintage fairings. www.airtech-streamlining.com

Back in the garage after 3 weeks. Decided to go with a tubular swingarm instead of the CBR f3 square style. Got the original tank back after having the side lips removed and that rear drop. Now the tank sits flat on the frame. Also had some small knee cut-outs added to the stock tank. Shortened up the frame and the new seat to eleminate length and give a shorter seat area. The fab on the swingarm is coming along great with the help of my boy Kiley (Project Gretta), its not done yet but the pics show plenty of potential.

Tank.jpg

Swingarm1.jpg

swingarm2.jpg

swingarm3.jpg

swingarm4.jpg

swingarm5.jpg

seattankswing1.jpg

seattankswing2.jpg

I'm digging where this is heading. I like the way the swingarm is going.

I think it'd be cool if you got the 2 into 4 carb setup like this
e-bay%20carbs%201.jpg

So you're carbs are on either side of the monoshock.

I just like throwing ideas out there. :D

I'll be attempting my own swingarm later this year so I like to see what other people are coming up with

-Jay

I think those manifolds are going to put your carbs (or pods) back onto your frame. They're designed for frames with a single rear hoop.

that manifold is a killer set up. I hope it will work for you. I just love it! Would look sexy spliting the shock!

Really nice work so far. I too like where its headed. Not surprised at all because you have that Kiley dude involved. We all know what he can do :eek:

I know where a set of dual throat Weber carbs + SOHC 750 manifold is sitting, I'm sure its for sale as well. Would be a VERY COOL setup.

I know on the sohc cb750, the intakes are angled into the center, I think that changed the dohc. It looks like the ones from cycle exchange if installed on yours would have the carbs angled too far out. Maybe just as simple as modifying the angle where the carbs attach to the manifold.

But as we all know, nothing is as simple as it seems.

Jay

I'm thinking if I make a set, but make them shorter that should make up for the angle. Or make the set at a different angle. I'm going to give it a shot

Sweet project , I like were you mounted the instrument lights. Excellent innovations. What kinda exhaust is that ? I dig the 750's but am partial to the SOHC even though the DOHC are a better engine I just feel weird riding a bike without a kickstart, but that is just me ! Nice job look forward to seeing the progress on this one.

Back
Top Bottom