project: Spitfire

rockcitycafe

I make things.
aptly named, this bike is going to be stupid unique, there are a few things I've learned that will be going into this build, that and it's getting the full custom tank/seat treatment, the owner will be doing a lot of the (bitch) work, so I'm not worrying about polishing cases and painting bits and stuff, just getting the bike put together so he can tear down and polish and powdercoat where wanted. But the bike will have a 2-1 under tail exhaust, with the exhaust pipe "frenched" into the left side of the seat, kinda like a machine gun on old fighter planes... and might... depending on how it looks when i get the tank mostly done... have a left side air scoop under/coped into the tank... there's a picture in my head right now that looks pretty sweet, so I'll be building as fast as I can to concrete it down

it's a mess right now, should have seen it before I got all the ugly junk off it... sheeze

1215091858.jpg

1215091858a.jpg

Re: project: overboard

This outta be good. I like the exhaust idea. I foresee a future BOTM.

tank's coming out nice, bought an acetylene setup today which helps a lot with annealing the alloy and allowing me to work the parts a lot further without cracking.
1217091947.jpg

1217091947a.jpg

beautiful... one of these days, when the wifes outta grad school, im buying another bike, and leaving it with you. Call me when its done.

1218092325.jpg

1218092334.jpg

1218092334a.jpg

got some work done on the rear part of the pipe today, should have most of the front section done tomorrow

seriously? You just now got acetylene? WOW. lol that's a lot of coldwork then... just fyi - watch your temps on annealing the aluminum. damhik lol

Man, those bends are amazing man. That's some first class stuff.

That exhaust will be interesting to watch develop. I am debating doing something similar to that on my bike. Have to wait until the lines of the bike are more firmly decided though.

Cool build man

-Matt

1220092150.jpg

1220092150a.jpg

finally got the front pipes done, might have to put this project down for a little bit as customer orders are getting a bit behind... don't want to get selfish haha... maybe I should just hire a shop bitch to do the basic work :)

Haha! A shop bitch. I need one of those to do sandblasing and polishing.

the pipes are beautiful man.

I actually enjoy the blasting and polishing. Instant gratification, like popping a zit. ;D

Man, if I lived in Rochester I'd be banging your door down for that job!

One question on the exhaust. the left side cylinder pipe bends back over to the right side before dipping under the frame. Is there a reason for that beyond asthetics? They look fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom