1973 Honda XL100

Dogboy

Bought this 1973 Honda xl100 a couple of years ago and its time to build it.

xl100-1.jpg

frame sandblasted and off to the powdercoater.

IMG_0921sml.jpg

IMG_0923sml.jpg

engine cases split, the crank had seized so I got a new one from a guy who races superlitess in the post classic races here in oz. He also had a rebuilt cb125 two piece head, which has the bigger valves and I got him to fit a cb750 sleave to the cylinder so it will take the engine out 145cc. Just got to put it back to gether now.

IMG_1519.jpg

smlIMG_1518.jpg

smlIMG_1517.jpg

Keeping that exhaust? I like the look of that heat shield on the muffler. Keep the pics coming.

Jay

jay_kent said:
Keeping that exhaust? I like the look of that heat shield on the muffler. Keep the pics coming.

Jay

probably keep the exhaust, well I'll see how it looks when its bolted up.

Big R said:
Cool little project - where are you headed with it? Paint, seat, etc?

I bought a xl100 seta cover off ebay and I cut the foam down and fitted it, but its too wide, so I cut the pan narrower and refitted, but I think it looks too long.

I'll take some pics of my progress on the frame tomorrow.

Fitted the crank and got the cases back together, gave the clutch cover a quick polish too. All was going well went to put the clutch cover on and it was hitting the clutch, thought this might be because I'm using xl185 clutch springs, so I thought I'd tighten them down a bit more and next thing I knew...snapped a bolt in the clutch basket! I'm soaking it over night and hoping to use an easy-out to get it out tomorrow.

smlIMG_1521.jpg

Got the broken bolt out of the clutch basket and put the piston in.

smlIMG_1524.jpg

Spent the afternoon putting the top end on and giving the some parts a polish.

smlIMG_1525.jpg

Here is a pic of the frame and wheels. Got to get some shorter rear shocks, not sure about the colour blue on the tank or the headlight or the seat for that matter! I think I'll raise the rear of the tank a bit too, just to level it off.

smlIMG_1529.jpg

Back
Top Bottom