so just a bit of an update carbs have been off-on-off-on-off-on. I'm a master at getting those bastard bank of carbs off and on that bike.
Carbs were leaking, had the floats adjusted wrong, back on and now only one bowl is still leaking out the overflow. But I'm suspecting a sticky float. so it'll be back off again. 2 days ago the bike was running on its own, albiet still with the choke on halfway, make the adjustment to the floats to stop fuel from overflowing and yesterday no running starts but dies
. Four carbs are a bitch to work on. Anyhoo, we're making progress. Slowly.
Here's a quick pictoral tutorial on how I did my cables.
Cold chisel worked the best for a sharp clean edge on the cables. I used it on the housing as well. I removed a section of the plastic outer wrap on the housing then at split in the metal, that's where I put the chisel. No pic of that sorry.
A view through the end. I pushed an awl to spread the wire open so the solder will flow through everything.
Fluxed the hell out of it.
The solder I used. Bought from Canadian Tire
The finished ends. The larger end is actually brass wire wound around the smooth end of a drill bit that gave me the correct diameter that was needed. A little filling and tada instant cable end.
I need focus, seems my stable is full of steeds that need my attention.