narrow case duc build

joea

Coast to Coast
DTT BOTM WINNER
Picture043.jpg

beginning shot of one of two ducs i bought as a package deal...other was worse but after selling items not needed i actually made money on the bikes and still have a complete bike minus all lights,tail light brackets,pegs,kickstands....joe@vcycle

Wow. That is clean. Really sharp. I generally dont love blue frames, but seeing as its a duc, I love it... Nice work.

i was reluctant to do blue.........but my son who has a good eye for things suggested it.i almost did not do the hubs blue since i figured it may be too much but i'm glad i did as i think it looks good .....................joe@vcycle

very nice, exhaust routing looks good....the forks on your bike cost more than my entire project....ha................joe

im really excited for this build thread, can't wait for updates. i wish i could find a old ducati.

i know of an "old one cylinder Ducati". Never actually saw it, guy said it was in a corner in pieces. I will definitely have a look next time I'm around

Picture061.jpg

finished grinding valve seats and i have the head partially cleaned (glass bead)...once i get the cyl to head lapped i can assemble the top end.......

Wow! I like that clean work!
Now I think it's important to find a good balance
of silver/blue and the inevitable black. And perhaps
a little spot of gold...

Good luck!

Sven

Picture079.jpg

i had to bend and lengthen the header pipe,now making mounting hardware and then will wrap the header pipe, also have to make up air and throttle cables and also working on a engine oil fill adapter...............have a good weekend,joe

I sure am happy to be able to follow this build. I have a Ducati single packed away in the garage, but didn't have the guts to tackle that project as my "first" complete build. I am starting a 550 Yamaha instead, but hopefully, after watching yours come together, I will be able to do my Ducati next.
I love the color choice, and your work is looking impeccably clean! Very inspiring!!

I think I just wet myself... That is pure gold. I would kill for that bike! Beautiful. Hurry up and finish it already! :D

Back
Top Bottom