bluemoon triumph

whitexk

Been Around the Block
DTT BOTM WINNER
realized i haven't started a build thread on my 1970 triumph T100C (c-competition)
i picked it up in the summer and haven't messed with it a whole lot tell the last 2 weeks. the motor cases were chrome but i dechromed everything and polished them out. took the motor down to the case and media blasted it. bought a david bird hardtail. 16 hd rim and 21 hd rim with a spool.
f87758eb52fc__1252764979000.jpg

003-14.jpg

026-2.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-2.jpg

020-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

Wow man, wasn't expecting that but it looks good.

Why "Bluemoon"? Is that what you're drinking at 2:45 am?

ha no its my favorite beer and im going to paint it in these colors. the frame will be the dark blue the wheels are cream the tank will be two tone cream on top light blue on the bottom with a gold pinstripe separating them. then my oil tank is going to have that emblem or picture on the front of the bottle painted on it.
002-22.jpg

yea but i want this bike to handle and be able to go 90mph with out worrying if the tires will blow.

my mechanic has got some work done, all the bearings in the motor have been replace with new bearings from map including the needing bearings. all new seals and pistons resurfaced the head and made sure all the rods and valves were straight. here are a few pictures, more to come in a few days.

019-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

mmm, mmmm, mmmm! is all I can say... great looking start. Your gonna have to throw in a little orange peel covered oil can if you want to go completely blue moon as the orange makes it taste that much better.
Another nice build you have going here. What is the deal with the forks? Did you put covers over the top tubes?

Big R said:
Great way to not put too many miles on these vintage motors

Hahaha, look at the photo in his profile. Young stud will be able to ride this thing anywhere ;D

Lovin the stance, the new forks, and the 21 wheel on the spool. Looks sweet!

here is some teaser photos, i tached everything up tonight, and i still need to make two more brackets one for my seat and one for the headlight.

019-3.jpg

022-1.jpg

Big R said:
Great way to not put too many miles on these vintage motors

what are you talking about im taking to the dragon tails this summer. thanks for the comments guys and hey squirley i got that orange fram remote oil cleaner.

NIce, just got a little peek at the rear/side shot. Fooled me man, I was sure you'd gone to rigid forks too. Whew...that'd be brutal! Dig the shrouds....

Very cool bike. Did you have the Amal chromed? I cannot remember why someone told me not to do it but it looks a hell of a lot nicer that the standard grey cheap finish.

yea its still the amal but its just chrome, i'm sure there are better carbs out there but there is no reason to try to make a snail fast.

Wow I really like the stance this thing has. The 21 front and 16 rear really work well. The fork shrouds look sweet. I'm usually not a fan but on this bike they really look good. Nice clean and simple. Keep it up.

Great work! I'm amazed at the craftsmanship a lot of DTT members possess.

How do you make fork covers like those? I'd like to throw some on my fighter project.

some updates and those fork covers are some hard to find covers made in the 70's

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

070.jpg

072.jpg

Back
Top Bottom