phabbo11

2014 cbr1000rr /2 X T500 / /cb450/
Nearly stripped
21092009094.jpg

Needed new gearbox
02102009098.jpg

frame going together..engine in..
28102009126.jpg

new spokes and a 18 inch front rim instead of 19 inch..
stand.jpg

sorted front guard and instrument bracket,exhaust mounted..working on gear lever and foot rest..
P2010356.jpg

a stock T500 I'm restoring..nearly done.
P7100198.jpg

That stocker is beautiful. Nice work on both bikes! I just picked up a T250 and cant wait to dive into her. Looking forward to seeing what you came up with on your 500 cafe.

Ahhhhh, the T500 is gathering a following.....soon we shall need a T500 specific DTT patch.....and the Honda clan shall be envious.....or maybe not LOL.

Nice to see another Titan owner on the site. ;D

it's been awhile but got some work done..got the bushes in the levers..made sure they were a tight fit with some loctite,hope they'll stay put..needed a peg that flipped up so the kick start would clear it..used some GSX250E passenger pegs I had lying around..got a start on the seat..made a mold outta plaster a paris of back of tank..gonna fibre glass it for the seat hump..took some pics
P3110471.jpg

P3110479.jpg

P3110466.jpg

gonna wax it up layer some PVA glue in it lay in some resin and mat it up..
P3090459.jpg

That's a great idea for making a mold - using the tank.

Bikes lookin great man!

Thanks man...any suggestions for colours guys?..I was gonna go with original colour..

The original colour would sure get a few looks - its classic stand-out seventies. I dig it.

You could always go a nice deep blue or a bright yellow, both would fit in with the project I think. In the end its up to you.

Cheers - boingk

I really dig the original paint scheme. How torn up is it? For some reason I really like vintage paint on the tins with everything else all restored and shiny like.

yeah I know what ya mean alpinaclone but its too far gone..heres where the seats at..
P3120497.jpg

I'm thinking maybe the humps abit tall... could come down abit???
P3130498.jpg

Actually, it looks pretty damned good, but I do see what you're saying . You could take 1/2 to 1" off and I think it would look just right. Very good ida for that mold man. Keep it up, I love T500s

Very cool man I like that bike I'm not real familiar with them but that frame is perfect. The seat could use to be cut down some and it would be perfect. the og paint scheme would be tits too. Keep it up.

I think it looks great! It makes me wonder if the RocCity tail I ordered for mine will look too small. Nice work on the rearsets too. Having expansion chambers sure make the shift linkage easier. The stock mufflers don't give much room.

Nice work. What chambers are you running. I've got a set very similar, but no baffles in mine, just a stinger.

I'd like to see that Guzzi thats hiding under the cover too 8)

Back
Top Bottom