indian board tracker replica

mikeadamstattoo

Coast to Coast
so ive been talking motorized bicycles up quite a bit on here, and ive decided to make a replica of an indian board tracker. i started out with a cruiser bike and im gonna post the progress in here along the way. yeah its not a cafe, but i didnt know where to put it, so i put it here.

what im gonna do is mount a gas tank under the top bar of the frame, then make a "fake" tank thats gonna fit over the real tank concealing it, with the indian logos etc out of fiberglass. i also ordered a 50cc engine to mount in the frame.

heres what i started with...

uab8l.jpg

cut some off the frame that was extra.

2nimlc3.jpg

painted it red, also painted the rear wheel black with appliance epoxy. im contemplating ditching the white wall tires for black ones for a beefier wheel look.

21m9kb5.jpg

cardboard tank covered in foil.

k96nsx.jpg

fiberglassing with the cloth.

1z2zkzl.jpg

then i did another layer of mat, and heres what i pulled out.

234ml0.jpg

sitting on the bike. i still need to do bodyfiller gold to it to smooth it out. and cut it now.

15xvj4g.jpg

and thats it so far...

interesting.. as an avid cyclist (and as a bicycle mechanic) ill be watching this one closely.

good luck with the build!

what kind of motor will you be using?

its a 50cc 2 stroke boygofast model engine thats made for converting bikes into motorized bikes.
im hoping to get a spring fork eventually too.

Awesome project! Building a board tracker is on the project to do list after the girlfriends moped! Can't wait to see how it comes out!

I've done this before for my daughter. Funny thing is, I have real Indian tank. It's appropriately-sized, buy not shaped like yours.

Having done a beach cruiser, I really would have suggested a racer-style bike.

--Chris

i choose a cruiser cause the lines of the frame reminded me most of old boardtrackers, especially the curved down tubes.

dont forget the upside down tracker bars. and since im only using one mirror on my cafe build, i had an extra..

2a50xlv.jpg

2zp2jwp.jpg

Great idea! I love projects like this. One more thread I need to follow...

That's the problem: the wide OD of the beach cruiser frame makes mounting the engine a bitch. I had to do some fabrication to make it work. that why I said the thin OD tubes on the street bikes make life easier.

--Chris

Love this idea. Ive been wanting to build one of these. My parents both have motorized bicycles that they take to rat rod shows. Once the cafe is done, I think Im going to build one

Very cool! but again, dammit one more thread to follow. I like the black tire idea by the way.

Where did you order your engine bro and what side drive is it? I got an old cruiser like that layin around ;D. Good idea

bikeberry.com kingsmotorbikes.com bicycle-engines.com all have a bunch. 50cc and 80cc. i got 50cc cause its stamped on the engine and you need to prove that for a moped sticker.

its driven on the left side too, it comes with everything you need to mount an engine in your bike. only thing is the stock gas tanks are real nasty looking.

Ahw, board trackers are super sweet!

How awesome it would be to just ride around on something like that all summer ;D

Back
Top Bottom