Green Weenie Bicycle Build

2dawgs

Since Mike has inspired me to resurect the bike that started it all, I am making a modest attempt to make a vintage replica motor bicycle.

The platform is a new Felt MP Cruiser bike, four stroke 49cc gas engine, custom tank, front & rear drum brakes and a Monark Springer Fork.

A few pics of the bike and the look I am going for.

Stay tuned.

Attachments

• BabyKitties3 007.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 562
  • 7%20forks1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 529
How are those $150 engine kits? I was thinking of picking one up for my grandpa, but I don't want to buy him junk.

Aplinaclone,

I have done quite a bit of research and the two stroke engines are fine. However, the four stroke versions will last with good maintenance for upwards of 50K miles; where as the 2 stroke will last a 10th of this. In addition, the new four stroke kits have the smoother & quite belt drive.

The price is double but well worth the extra bucks. Spooky Tooth Cycles sells a honda clone 4 stroke kit for $300.00 (includes, tank, throttle, grips, cables, etc.) plus shipping.

If you decide to go 2 stroke the Grubee Skyhawk is a good choice.

Well some progress ... installed basic engine. Awaiting 40T Sprocket & Hub adapter, then will install belt drive, etc.

Tried a custom tank didn't like the look; decied to use generic tank disguised in a canvas ammo bag and modified a first aid kit to hold battery system for rear/running light.

Hope to get this build into full swing SOON.

Mounted disguised tank & battery box. Will work on belt drive system and fuel line next.

Attachments

• greenweenie2 006.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 534
Super cool man. Diggin the military theme. Looks like its right out of WW1. You should only ride it if dressed like this:

3784028003_6c898a0bf2.jpg

Setback: The fabricator for the fork is no longer making them. Decided to stick with stock fork and adding v-brakes for stopping power. Installed belt drive system (nice stuff) and throttle assy; still waiting for chain tensioner and hub adapter & sprocket for the rear drive. I can tell you building motorcycles is a lot easier; the parts availability and lack of quality stuff is frustrating.

Can't wait to fire this rascal up.

Back
Top Bottom