Golden missile cb350 build

RedPlastic

make it rain bitches
Well, here is my 1st attempt at building a bike. I have never done anything like this before, but so far I like it! There are a lot less parts to keep up with, and all the mechanics of it are a helluva lot simpler than what im accustomed to. So ill let the pics to the rest of the talking.

Here it is when I 1st got it. Looks like someones good intentions and lack of fab knowledge tools.

During tear down, I cant believe I had this thing tore down to a bear frame in about 1hr.

Checking out the compression for shits and giggles, I couldn't believe it 150psi on both cylinders! Gotta love old Japanese steel!

325cc's of stock Honda fury!

Gettin' there!

Time to start cleaning up the frame.

Ended up whacking off the seat part thing (I have no idea what that part of the frame is called). I have intentions of building my own out of sheet metal.

Bent up some tube to lay down a foundation for the seat pan.

That's all for now, hopefully I will get more time to work on it this week. If anyone has constructive criticism, insight, thoughts, or opinions, I wanna hear em! Like I said, Ive never done anything like this before so lemme know.

Re: no name cb350 build

Very ambitious start. I'm always impressed when people have the guts to chop the frame up and fab their own.

noahdog said:
Very ambitious start. I'm always impressed when people have the guts to chop the frame up and fab their own.

+1 on that. Great start. Can't wait to see the seat you make for that sucker.

that frame and motor had been painted. id sandblast all that shit.... god knows what kinda paint job he did :D

looks like a great start.... keep us posted!

welcome to DTT

Rocan said:
that frame and motor had been painted. id sandblast all that shit.... god knows what kinda paint job he did :D

looks like a great start.... keep us posted!

welcome to DTT

That's for sure! Ive gonna get all the fab work done to the frame before I blast it, that way it'll at least be a little warmer outside. What do you all think about the colour scheme for this bike? I was thinking about the hammered copper for the frame, and maybe British racing green, and some satin black for the rest?

WOW man! Diving right in there! Ill be watching this for sure! Dont defile this Japanese beauty with "british" racing green... HA HA... Just kidding. That could look cool if done right. Copper worries me, only because its such an eyecatcher and it can look awkward with any chrome or polished parts you may run. A little gaudy, but thats just my opinion. Its your scoot man!

I dig the copper/green/satin black combo. Could look real "army" like. maybe you should do copper frame with rattle can camo on the tank and satin black on the motor and all the rest of the metal bits... maybe a stenciled "HONDA" or "ホンダ" on the tank...

VonYinzer said:
Great profile pic! I fuckin' love Bubbles!
One of the best tv show's I've seen in a while. Anyhow, somehow I got the crud (1st time in like 2-3 years) and it fawkin sucks. Hopefully I can get back to work on this pile when I get home from work. We'll see. I gotta get this thing done soon, for it will be spring time soon, and ill have to get back to work on my 4-runner.

On another note I just picked up an sv650 that I can rob parts off of, so what to do now?

Damn fine build you have going here, glad I found this one! I will be tuned in for sure on this one! Keep it up!

Got some more time in this afternoon, almost have that seat pan done!

1000617t.jpg

What it looks underneath the seat pan

I see my rear part of the seat in there, but how the hell do I get it outta there?!

Get it!

Commin' on round wif it!

Taking shape, better than I thought

Looking to see what its gonna look like before I weld it up

Didnt turn out too bad...now time to wash up and go play some bf2 bad company

looks great... but how are you going to gain access to that space?

Rocan said:
looks great... but how are you going to gain access to that space?

easy....im gonna make a plate on a hinge that swings down from the bum stop. That'll be tomorrows project.

Back
Top Bottom