cb125 "nameless" Revived from the Shed!!!

rjz5400

grummble grumble
well a short intro as i put it in the storage unit without taking pictures i will give the purchase details when i get the pics up.
long story short it is sweet has og side covers seat light and is missing the kick-start arm and get this when i took the gas tank off i found, no COIL nothing just cut wires laughing at me. well now i am looking for coil, carb rebuild kit, kick-start arm, along with a new battery and new gait-ors to cover sweet springer front end. its got dope dirt tires on it too.
anyway motor not seized lots of cleaning and rebuilding to do and it sure has good compression by my redneck test.
trying to bump it over the compression locks up the tire in first and in second i have to stand on the passenger pegs to turn motor over so i think its holding its own in there, anyway lots of questions and pics to come. oh hell i brought the carb home to start soaking it for the rebuild ill show you that along with the honda express moped seat my girlfriend just recovered with whitepleather and orange handone piping,
enjoy
IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

Re: rjz5400's new 1973 cb125s "nameless"

i got a carb in vastly better nick than that (like, it worked) if you want it for free - just pay shipping. where you at?
give us more photos! :)

My 68 CL175 looked about that bad. I boiled it in Distilled White Vinegar w/ a tad of lemon juice for a couple hours, they came out pretty good.

Unless that's rust in the top photo, Can't really make it out on my end...

+1 to the pics. And try to make a little list of any other parts you need. If I got it, we can work something out

aw man thanks a bunch guys yea i would be stoked to have some access to new/old parts. i am going to R and R it tomorrow i have been running around non stop for spring break to wyoming for snowboarding, tomorrow i will take the pictures of what i need to get it going. quick question are all coils kinda the same? i mean do i need a 6 volt coil cause i have one from a honda express scooter, does anyone have a cb125 coil from same era? what markings are on it.
i will get the pics tomorrow to document the before and after which may not finish soon. anyway...

yeah you'll need a 6v coil. i haven't got any spare, but i can give you the link to a really really cheap source for parts (i feel weird advertising non-sponsors?)
if you want tapered bearings, ct110 ones fit, so do a myriad of other small honda bearings. theyre all pretty much the same. shit, i think most minibikes use the same ones too.

where do you guys get parts for this one? i have looked at obb and dinis kirk and a few other sites. nothing but tires and spark plugs.
i cant find a rebuild kit to save my life and i need that missing idle screw at the least
anyway on my way to get some pics and check it out a little better.

Could try bikebandit.com or Ebay, but your best place for those tough to find parts is a whole other bike. Keep an eye at the wreckers and Craigslist!

Rjz, might wanna check out some of the other small cc builds: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=12552.0

some parts (clip ons, cheap adaptable rearsets) i've gotten from http://www.akunar.com , any NOS i've needed (and bearings, seals) i've gotten from http://www.tenavintage.com/ - tena says free shipping, but i think that only applies to SE Asia - I got my fork seals from there for $13 shipped. Might pick up fenders from them too soon - mine are hammered.

apreciate the heads up and the parts if findable. i will post my MIA list later with the pics, i am at school now but i took some today.
thanks in advance for the help in locating parts and sources, if only i could find a kickstart arm and shaft. maybe i will weld on a socket like i heard someone else talking about doing then use a breaker bar to turn it and throw it in my bookbag. "eheh"????

i might have a spare kicker - i'll check tomorrow.
i'd recommend holding off on the kicker as long as you can. are you putting on rearsets? clearance is an issue if you do.
i'm using the kicker off my new chinese motor which is much longer and doglegged. i have about half an inch in it.
otherwise, look up "cb100 kick" on ebay - or tena . plentiful and cheap!

Yeah, fit a standard or just run without it and go the whole minimalist race-rep kinda theme. I'm building my kwaka 100 up that way now I'm looking to race it, can only imagine it'd be a whle lot of fun putting a bike like that on the road.

Cheers - boingk

so this bike is just an overgrown cb100? it seems like it see only parts for 175 and then 100 so is a 125 a 100 for ordering purposes? like grips bars fork sliders and all that?
anyway here what you are looking for
IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

check the rust and there is my slightly stripped kick arm, if only i had the idle speed screw and some floats that floated i could try to start it but i am going out of town for a week, fun trip but i am gonna be reminiscing about my coasting in the parking lot on this thing "nameless"

rjz5400 said:
so this bike is just an overgrown cb100? it seems like it see only parts for 175 and then 100 so is a 125 a 100 for ordering purposes? like grips bars fork sliders and all that?

Yep. 100 and 125 parts are interchangeable.

bike's not bad at all except for that tank....man the inside of that thing is rough! I'd rig up a temporary fuel source to test fire her. I wouldn't try to run gas in that thing until it's clean.

Glad to see another mini me up on the site.

Re: GOT PICS 1973 cb125 "nameless"

first soak in the works is done now ill just do it one more time when i get back in a week.
check the 50 mod thread ill add these pics to it when i get done with the tank cleaning, and yes its the worst oldest crustiest tank corrosion i have ever seen.

my floats do leak and i could use some spares to have around
, but the good news is bowl clean jets clear slide free and smooth needle wiped shiny and i thought i was missing the idle screw but some joker forced it in a blank spot on the carb body so i moved it back and now if i can tin braze my floats i may be good to go in the carb dept, plus that site you linked had a kick arm for like 6 dollars i think ill be getting a package from thailand soon.
still havent seen any carb rebuild kits around. could i get the soft kit from the dealer? just orings and the big gasket for intake?? ill call today but our local dealer is a bit of a dick.
parts guy is cool though :D

www.Jerryscycles.com has rebuild kits for a CB100, don't know if they are the same though.

If that kicker arm is too bad and you don't feel like the hassle of rebuilding it, Kanticoy posted a vid of a guy with a blown 50cc Honda that he would bump start it on the stand. Just something to keep in mind.

On a 125 you could just push start it. Get it up to a jogging pace, and go!

that was my plan to get it at first but with the rock hard knobbies there is not a
lot of pavement grip but in second gear it does turn over right quick, we shall see once i get home and put the carb back together and put the coil on i will be ready to go.
but i gotta wait a week to touch it cause il be out of state.

Back
Top Bottom