Louie's build-off bike "BILLET PROOF" UPDATE #1

Swapmeet Louie

Put some metal in yer eye....
So...

I have started going through my parts stash to see what I could get going and maybe find a direction for the bike I'm going to build for Mike and I's little build off.

I was going to build my 5 triple, but I dont think I would be able to do it justice w/ the amount of $ that I have available for this project @ this time. Work has been slow, and it seems all my pops and I can do to keep our business going. So, I have decided to build something out of this little 79' Suzuki TS185 2 stroke single I've had kick'n for a while.

So here is what I have:

79' TS185
Marzocci frontend
old Benelli tank
cb350 frontwheel
h1 expansion chamber

The seat in the pick will not be used for sure. And the back bone of the frame needs to be replace for the tank to sit correctly.

SSPX0126.jpg

SSPX0137.jpg

Louie

Re: Louie's build-off bike...

Aren't you guys building bobbers? Should be cool to see what you come up with especially with some competition.

I'm gonna build a bike. I'll leave it up to you and the rest of the bored to classify it...

But ya, I'm pretty excited to see what a little competition will bring out in these builds.

Louie

I'm diggin it so far man, I have a feeling this is gonna turn into something frigging rediculously cool lol

Thanks fellas.
I guess the 1st thing I need to do is get some tubing so I can get the backbone in order. After that I'm just going to see where it goes. Should be fun though...
I can tell you it's super light weight. I picked the whole bike up my self by the backbone and put it on that stand...

I will keep this up dated.. Still have a couple small thing to wrap up on the 350. But will soon be @ a stand still on it( too cold to paint )

Glad you guys agree that it appears to be something... I wasn't sure if I was just trying to convince myself or not. Lol

Louie

Ah! It begins! This should be a lot of fun to watch both you and Von put these bikes together with some competition for some drive! I love this idea and know that two great bikes will be made. Both of you are talented and artistic, I know that will make this a great little competition. Good luck, and have fun with it, I will be getting started on the trophy tonight!

Cheers!

Yeah, thats definitely going to be rad!
All your small displacement builds make me want a tiny bike.
Its sheer madness.

This is going to be a blast man. That little bike is going to be BADASS. I think Im more excited to see what you come up with than I am for my own! hahahahaha Im bustin' my ass to finish the 350 so I can focus on the Suzuki. Im going to start fuckin with her tonight though... The only real issue I forsee is the exhaust on mine. I can make everything else I need. The stock pipes look great, but are rotted out inside... Ok, Ill save that shit for my own thread! Keep the updates comin man!

Sounds like you have a good plan Louie. I really dig where you are heading with it and you already have a great start. I love how you've gone through your parts stash and are pulling this thing together. Very cool
Will be fun to watch these builds as they progress.

I thought I did tell you but just so you don't go to cryin on me....

Good luck.....Homo!

Kidding aside, cool move on your part giving Von those pipes!
Your an alright ass after all! Hahaha! :D

This thing has some real potential. Just watch what you put on it for mirrors..lol.

I think for this to be a fair contest, you should take the whole thing apart and throw it in the back of a pickup and start from there.

Kidding Louie (and Von)! Good luck guys! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

So this is the 1st update... And just for the record, The bike has an official name: "BILLET PROOF"

I need to change the backbone and seating area so the Benelli tank could sit down over thee frame. So here's what went down.

More to come shortly. This was the biggest project on the build so I'm glad to have it out of the way for the most part. Going to do some gusseting too.

Oh, and the pieces of exhaust that you see on the backbone are just tacked there to shim the tank level for the pics...

Louie

Stock:
SSPX0161.jpg

SSPX0160.jpg

Start cutting...
SSPX0198.jpg

SSPX0196.jpg

SSPX0197.jpg

SSPX0156.jpg

SSPX0155.jpg

SSPX0150.jpg

SSPX0145.jpg