Let me see your tail section with lights

Qckslvr said:
seat9.jpg

Looks like thats from an 03' or previous aprilia RSV Mille? I like it.

basic 2" dual brightness trailer led in seat.
photo3-14.jpg

underside of seat hides all wiring as well as two "licence plate bolt lights" that light up my tag at night. all hidden but work great.
photo1-19.jpg

photov3.jpg

Andrew, that's a super clean setup. Especially like the license plate lights. Police aren't too stick on bikes around here but have heard of guys getting tickets for not having their plates lit up.

thanks for the kind words guys. it was super easy to set up and works great. the cops down here in south florida arent too strict either, (but have gotten alot worse due to kids on new crotch rockets) but i figure having my tag lit it one less thing to get noticed for. after all, im not doing wheelies down busy public streets. ;D

B L A K E said:
Wow, thats a great yamaha you got. love everything about it man!

Actually that's a friend of mines, he had some cool modded scoots. This was basically his "stocker", but wanted a bit different look. So he mounted my prototype tail section...

andrew said:
basic 2" dual brightness trailer led in seat.
photo3-14.jpg

underside of seat hides all wiring as well as two "licence plate bolt lights" that light up my tag at night. all hidden but work great.
photo1-19.jpg

photov3.jpg

I've considered using the same sort of light on my bike. I only count two wires coming out of that unit, how are you achieving dual brightness? Some sort of converter?

Heres my seat on my 1968 YR2C Led's running lites, blinkers, breaks, hi instensity.
l had to extend the fiber glass in the rear 1 1/2 inches as the lites are directional...
Love this look nice and clean...

Attachments

• YR2C Tail lites.jpg
    YR2C Tail lites.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 389
jimmiejoe said:
Heres my seat on my 1968 YR2C Led's running lites, blinkers, breaks, hi instensity.
l had to extend the fiber glass in the rear 1 1/2 inches as the lites are directional...
Love this look nice and clean...

Where did you get those? I want some.

Wingspan said:
I've considered using the same sort of light on my bike. I only count two wires coming out of that unit, how are you achieving dual brightness? Some sort of converter?
in the first pic there is a thicker part on the black wire. below that thicker part there is another wire for brake, making it a total of 3 wires, 2 black and 1 white. works very well.

integrated ebay lights may they R.I.P. hit a really bad bump and lost my whole back end...

Attachments

• IMG_1959.JPG
    IMG_1959.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_23251.jpg
    IMG_23251.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 343
My 1976 CB550 project.
Tail section is almost done. A bit more finish work and maybe an addition to the top.
Turnsignals will be put in the frame rails and sit flush.
Pardon the messy garage/shop :-[

DSC03790.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

DSC03787.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

Well... Here's my tail light set up. See those two LED's right on each side of the seat? That's it :) . They are running lights, brake lights, and turn signals all in one.

Taped on right now for mock up.
dscn2554d.jpg

I also needed my license plate to be lit up so I got these LED license plate bolts.
dscn2681m.jpg

dscn2676.jpg

Back
Top Bottom