www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 10605 times)

Offline go mama!

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • Threat Level: giggles and sunshine
Recipes
« on: Mar 31, 2010, 22:12:56 »
seems like there may be some interest in cooking/baking on here.. everyone post up your favorite recipes!
mine won't be as artfully worded as swagger's (the man has a way with words!)

Pizza
1 pizza crust, or 2 personal pizza crusts.. or make your own crust
1 carton cherry tomatoes
garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 c mozzarella cheese (or try some fancy cheese!)
pine nuts
1 package arugula
red wine vinegar
anything else you like on your pizza..

Pre-heat oven to 450
Puree the cherry tomatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1/2 tbsp minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread the puree on the pizzas, leaving about a 1" border
Top each pizza with 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, then pine nuts
Bake for 10 minutes
Toss arugula with red wine vinegar and remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. When pizzas are baked, top with arugula. Eat!
"Im tellin ya, you should watch yourself though... Go! will break your heart." VonYinzer
"I looked at her wrong once and she broke my arm." Groovy

Offline Mangonotforget

• high fives and coconuts
Re: Recipes
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2010, 12:44:50 »
How about conceptual recipes?  As in meant more for giggles and thought more than yummy time sharing.  Here is a fail proof (if fail proof means that you will prove that muffins can fail and win at the same time) recipe for Art School Muffins.  You may have seen the tiny pic for posters that have this recipe in the Members Art thread but I will repeat it here at the risk of both redundancy and eyebrow raising.

Art School Muffins

4 cups Bran
2.5 cups Muffin Stuff
750ml Single Malt Scotch

Mix in a big bowl
Bake until Scotch ignites
Eat while muffins are still flaming, helps clean out the crap!
Enjoy.

*disclaimer* this recipe is not meant to be a statement directed at you dear reader. It is meant for those 'other' people, the ones full of crap, a substance which art schools are known to peddle in heavily and without relent, only through diligent use of Scotch and Muffins can we hope to regain the sanity and joy that we once knew (that last bit might be more for me than anyone else)* yours in humour and sincerity, mangonotforget.

Offline go mama!

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • Threat Level: giggles and sunshine
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2010, 12:48:22 »
yeah, go for anything! goofy recipes, quick ones, whatever! i may even throw in some fun facts!

oh heck, here's one now
baking powder is baking soda with acid added to neutralize the base and produce more CO2 when heated
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2010, 12:59:09 by go! »
"Im tellin ya, you should watch yourself though... Go! will break your heart." VonYinzer
"I looked at her wrong once and she broke my arm." Groovy

Offline arsey

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2010, 02:52:19 »
huzzah, cooking. here's a recipe for beer bread:
    3c flour
    3tsp baking powder
    1 1/2tsp salt
    3TB sugar
    12oz beer
bake at 375 for an hour-ish

it's the only thing i've ever baked, and it is delicious. i even used it as pizza crust once.
build, site, quote

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2010, 09:56:03 »
Ok here is my Chili recipe... not a OH-MY-GAWD-HOT (although you can spicey it up with Red-hot / Tabasco sauce) but just a good warm chili people around here love it and I am requested to make it at my Elks Lodge friday night dinners two or three times a winter. this batch size serve 4, doulble or triple to size.

Brown one pound of Hamburger with a small chopped onion, salt, pepper, and about a teaspoon of chili-powder then drain.
1 full size can of tomato juice  (not paste, not sauce, juice)
1 small can of chili hot beans, I use Brooks but even generic will work, not plain Kidney beans, you want the ones in a sauce.
teaspoon of salt
teaspoon of black pepper
Tablespoon of chili-powder.
These will get you in the ballpark but you can adjust to taste, if you like a hot chili, add a 1/2 teaspoon of dried red cyan pepper.
Stir well on medium heat till just starts to boil.
Now the important part that everyone tries to short cut... reduce heat to LOW, lightly simmer, stirring often from the bottom up because it will settle to the bottom and scorch if you space it... for a minimum of 4 hours.
Serious, don't think you will come home from work some night and have it for supper, this is better the longer / slower you cook it... it will thicken up and turn like a stew , not a soup.

Best with a cold beer, trust me  ;)
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline verboten1

• Der konig
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2010, 22:13:12 »
My chili Recipe

1-2 pounds of Beef  or venison (double everything listed if 2 pounds) 1/2"-3/4" cubes
2 jars of stewed tomatoes (or 2 big cans of diced if you don't get your moms canned tomatoes ;) )
1 can of hot chili beans, 1 can mild.
1 med onion-minced
fresh garlic to taste --- I use 3 cloves smashed/minced
2 jalepeno
2 Serrano peppers
sometimes I will throw basil, oregano....just stuff in...i always change it up
Chili powder
Red pepper
Black pepper
BEER

Equipment
Cast iron Skillet
Big stock pot
Potato masher
Stirrin' spoon

in the stock pot, put in a little olive oil,  sweat the onions, make them translucent.

meanwhile.....
get the skillet nice and hot quick sear the cubed meat, nice and brown on all sides.  After the onions are ready, move meat to the stock pot, and dissolve all the little pretty brown chunks in the skillet with some beer. pour all that yummy goodness onto the meat, throw in tomatoes, spices. if using the whole tomatoes, mash em up...diced....leave em be.
once the tomatoes are broken up, throw in the beans. simmer........stir.....simmer....stir....the longer the better. if I am going to let it simmer all day, I will leave the garlic and peppers out....

because I always let it simmer the next day when I plan to eat it. so....add the peppers and garlic in a couple hours before you are going to eat it....It works well for me, and I have NEVER had a complaint.

I also make corn bread to go with my chili.  I actually LIKE jiffy mix..... heat up cast iron skillet with some veggie oil, mix up jiffy mx, pour onto hot oiled skillet.
then put in oven, less time than box says.

you get a fried bottom on your corn bread, nice, crispy and golden brown, and yummy.

1975 CB550F  Frankenbike, parting out
1982 XV920....longest owned, newest project
2000 KLR685...made it to the arctic ocean...
2001 Ninja 250...The wifes bike
2008 Ninja 250... Holy crap is this thing fun!

Offline dcmspikes

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2010, 22:20:42 »
mexican cereal

when finished with tortilla chips pour the little broken pieces in to the almost empty salsa bowl

not my recipe, but i like it

please do not be offended if you are MExican and this is not really cereal of Mexico

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2010, 14:24:24 »
Super good brownies!

Ingredients:
Visit your local mega-mart and pick up a box of Betty Crocker brownie mix (she makes a bunch, so get which ones you normally like, but it has to be Betty Crocker!)
Look at the back of the box for the other ingredients you will need from the mega-mart.
Visit you local friendly hippie dealer (you know the one) and pick up one quarter ounce of the cheapest funky parsley he has!
One bottle of Bushmills Irish Whiskey
Ice

Directions:
Pour whiskey in a high-ball glass over a few cubes of ice, begin to sip! (got this one from swagger, and it works in every recipe!)
Make brownie mix according to box and set batter aside
Break down the funky parsley and discard the seeds and stems, grind in the special funky parsley grinder.
Take out enough of the broken down parsley to roll in a 1.25 paper and do so with it, set it aside
Place the remaining broken down funky parsley in the batter and stir in well.
Pour batter in pan and bake according to the boxes recommendations.
Pour another glass of whiskey over some more ice and sip as you smoke the previously rolled funky parsley.

Before you know it, your brownies are done!

Eat them, they are best with milk, you won't need anymore whiskey!

WARNNING: These brownies make you want to eat more of these brownies!

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2010, 19:43:22 »
Super good brownies!

That is an old favorite recipe, did it years ago before some here were born.
Try it... you'll like it.
Here is a funny I remember...
http://www.yourememberthat.com/media/13604/Barney_Miller/

As a twist, use the "funky parsley" as you would oregano on a frozen pizza... YUMMY!
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2010, 19:46:45 by Hoosier Daddy »
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2010, 19:59:59 »
Oh gawds....I haven't laughed so much in months...thanks Hoosier! I forgot that show......

Oh...whew.....wait wait...I gotta catch my breath.....holyshit..what a laugh!

Mooshy mooshy!

Have you seen my legs...they're about thiiiis long.....
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2010, 20:04:48 by Swagger »
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn