www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: The Travelling Gremlen Bell! In Kentucky getting Rusty.  (Read 82942 times)

Offline hocbj23

Re: The Travelling Gremlen Bell!
« Reply #40 on: Apr 21, 2010, 23:15:21 »
Yeah cool idea. I was goin to get a log but ran outta time. If u would be so generous please do so and Redbird can transcribe my pitiful excuse for a log to ur better version. Then the little bell will have suitable travelling companion.bj

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #41 on: Apr 21, 2010, 23:45:55 »
Cool...
Redbird, PM your address when you get a sec. Ill send it out asap.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline jay_kent

• 1979 cb650
    • Cafe build blog
« Reply #42 on: Apr 23, 2010, 12:48:31 »
Ok... How about if we send one of those nice Moleskine leather covered journals with the bell. There about 3.5" x 5". Everyone logs their mileage when they got the bell and when they sent it off (and maybe tapes a pic into the book) than signs it. That way their will be an actual logbook. Maybe when it makes its way home we could even get copies made for everyone. Ill buy it and send it to redbird if you guys think its a good idea. Just let me know and Ill stop by the stationary store tomorrow and send it out.

+1 on that idea, It'd take a little work to scan in every page once it's made its rounds and if we wanted to get a book made http://www.blurb.com does it at a reasonable price. Girl at work got the smallest book, 7x7 hardcover full color 120 pages for 36 bucks each. Took a week to get it.
Would be a cool coffee table book, with everyone's pictures and notes

Now to get my bike on the road for the gremlin to travel on
DTT build thread - here
More pics at my Cafe build blog - Here

"And yeah David...you're pretty much bugshit nuts just like the rest of us." ~Swagger

Offline Jfishsolevibe

« Reply #43 on: Apr 23, 2010, 13:01:53 »
Really cool idea!
Motorcycle, music, motorcycle, music.

Offline dcwp

« Reply #44 on: Apr 23, 2010, 14:20:05 »
I realize this is getting to be a lot of stuff really fast, but I wonder if it would make sense to keep track of the bell's peregrinations (I love that word) on a Google Map.

I've taken the liberty of creating one.  I think it's open to editing by anyone:

I put in rough locations for the first two riders in Chattanooga and Nawlins.  Feel free to move the markers to somewhere more accurate.

You can also edit the info with each marker.  Seems like it would be cool to add photos, bike details, etc here.  If you go on trips and take photos in front of landmarks, you can add more markers, photos, etc.

Here's a link to directions for using the MyMaps editor.  http://maps.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=68480

It's my first MyMap so let me know if I've screwed something up of if you all can't edit it and maybe I need to change a setting or something.

Dan

I'll try to get it embedded so you don't have to click the link...
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2010, 14:22:30 by dcwp »

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #45 on: Apr 23, 2010, 15:10:48 »
So... The bell project may have hit a little snag folks. bj has (as of the last I heard) decided to leave the forum. So... Im not sure if he has been in contact with Redbird and requested the bell back, in fact I have no idea whats going on. Just a heads up though. Hopefully redbird chimes in and gives us a little more insight.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline go mama!

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Threat Level: giggles and sunshine
« Reply #46 on: Apr 23, 2010, 15:38:37 »
No, he messaged me last night and although it seems that he is quitting, he is still sending out the bell..
"Im tellin ya, you should watch yourself though... Go! will break your heart." VonYinzer
"I looked at her wrong once and she broke my arm." Groovy

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #47 on: Apr 23, 2010, 18:39:42 »
Sorry I hadn't seen this sooner... work has been getting in the way ::)

Von, I sent you a PM. Yea, send me the journal and I'll take care of back logging BJ's info, and adding my own. BJ, if you see this (or maybe Von can pass it along), if you're ever headed down this way, give me a holler. I'll take care of ya while your here ;)

And if nobody minds... my time with the bell is up on May 1st. But I'd like to hang onto it for just a few days longer. The Bikini Bike Wash/Bike Night is on the 4th and I figured that Bikini/Bell pics had a nice ring to it (yea, pun intended) ;D
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline go mama!

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Threat Level: giggles and sunshine
« Reply #48 on: Apr 23, 2010, 23:24:09 »
can't argue that!!!
"Im tellin ya, you should watch yourself though... Go! will break your heart." VonYinzer
"I looked at her wrong once and she broke my arm." Groovy

Offline Garage Rat

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 21:20:31 »
Update?
STFU and Ride!

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=13948.0

Classic and Custom: Repair, Restoration and Fabrication!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/292337884115268/