Dream Hauler

Blake

the future is my friend
I bet most of us have or want more than one bike. I bet we've all seen a used van and thought "man that would be great to haul my bikes around." I'm a day dreamer. I was thinking today what my dream bike hauler might be. I love old trucks, especially the old Ford C series. They were American workhorses serving as fire engines, U.S. mail trucks, stake bed trucks, and race car haulers for decades.

I'd love to get my hands on an old one and convert it to a flat bed or wedge format to strap down a bunch of hot bikes. How about you? What would be your dream bike hauler?

1973_Ford_900_Race_Car_Hauler_Front.jpg

33010010410_large.jpg

Petty_ford-hauler_D-T-1.jpg

Righteo. How about a 400hp muscle car?

112_0712_07z+holden_HSV_maloo_r8+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Come on down to Australia guys, we got plenty of options 8)

Cheers - boingk

Im building it now.

Its not as big and flashey as those are but it will have a genorator for my welder/ power tools, box crane and I will make some bed extention rails for it too to compensate for the tool box.

DSC_0002.jpg

Your mistress is a dirty girl.....

I'd love to build a GMC COE(cab over engine:
nat1008.jpg

84472081.VzaCDbb8.jpg

639.jpg

0601cct_06_z+_hot_rod_history+.jpg

48FordCOE-Bottom.jpg

Oh hell...now you did it!!

dba3014b.jpg

121639439_65de34a515.jpg

Swagger, I love those old cab overs.

There is a guy that I see every once in a while around here. He has an old one that is resting on a modern GMC duramax 1 ton dully chassis. I guess he bought the truck wrecked from a roll over and transplanted the body. It is the coolest Diesel I have ever seen. He of course has the thing churning out 900+lbs/trq and upwards of 500HP. I would love one like his... I gotta see if I have any pics.

2294163.jpg

196o's VW Single Cab.
On bags.
Gloss black w/ oxblood red interior.
Radir wheels.
Disk brake conversion.
Super Diff transaxle.
60's Porsche 911 engine conversion.

Easily fit two bikes in the back.

COE are the bomb! Love those style of vans. Another I would definitely like to have is a 70's Chevy panel van. These things have a killer stance on them. One is rolling around town at the moment with a full restoration and metallic gunmetal paint. Simply awesome.

2007_hot_rod_power_tour_day_4_pictures_19_z+1975_chevy_van+side_view.jpg

Cheers - boingk

1970s chevy van for me... id have it sit nice and low, totally hallowed out with as big a motor as i could squeeze in it. widen the stance so that the wheels stick out a couple inches on each side and then put a sick custom body job on it.

Rocan said:
1970s chevy van for me... id have it sit nice and low, totally hallowed out with as big a motor as i could squeeze in it. widen the stance so that the wheels stick out a couple inches on each side and then put a sick custom body job on it.

Sounds good rocan... You would also need to hire Mr T be the chauffeur... You could go by the motto If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire ROCAN!!!!

My Dad bought a '77 chevy short box van new and did the important part of what Rocan mentions: 15x12 Turbines all around with BFG something or other tires, full Quickor suspension rework and a Brodix 430ci (destroked 454).
It was the scariest rolling refrigerator you could ever imagine. I introduced it to unintentional offroading when I was 16.
I kinda miss that thing...all kitted out inside for our dirtbike affliction..

Nice! I had a job for a couple months in HS driving a grocery delivery van. It was a 1999 Ford E-350 panel vanthat was totally gutted and had the big ol Ford 460 EFI motor. That thing was almost as fast as my 96 SVT Stang in a straight line... With a little brake and a heavy right foot, it could smoke the tires through 2nd gear on it's way to 70mph... That was a fun van for sure

I've always thought a modified school bus would make a good hauler.
Too many projects to even think about doing it though :D

PJ

crazypj said:
I've always thought a modified school bus would make a good hauler.
Too many projects to even think about doing it though :D

PJ

Oh hell yeah PJ. Back when I was into rock crawlers hardcore, I knew a guy that had converted one into a truck/sleeper cab. It had room on the back to fit his crawler and the rest was set up like an RV. It had pull out ramps in the back and everything. Badass.

Similar to this:
DCP_2511.JPG

or this:
638368861_9d365c6958.jpg

well hey, that one's for sale! could be yours, pj!! ;)

Swagger said:
My Dad bought a '77 chevy short box van new and did the important part of what Rocan mentions: 15x12 Turbines all around with BFG something or other tires, full Quickor suspension rework and a Brodix 430ci (destroked 454).
It was the scariest rolling refrigerator you could ever imagine. I introduced it to unintentional offroading when I was 16.
I kinda miss that thing...all kitted out inside for our dirtbike affliction..

you got it with the wheels! i love the wide and low stance on vans. i would also have a full tool kit in there, with the trays magnetized so when you rip about the tools dont move around inside ;D

this is sexy.
25789260001_large.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2578926

Back
Top Bottom