Post a pic of your latest purchase

;D

dttkicks.jpg

(and on a completely unrelated note, damnit! I liked being a walking legend :( )

I've always had to go out to our farm shop or take parts to work at the power plant to weld. Finally had enough and bought a new Miller 212 welder this week. I'm really stoked. Wish I would have done it ten years ago.
Kev
welder002.jpg

Picture1-11.png

Been needing one of these for a while. This one fits nicely behind my seat in the truck.

Letting the cat out of the bag with this one...... Let's keep it quiet. Family and friends don't know yet.... :)

Picture2-4.png

Blake said:
Letting the cat out of the bag with this one...... Let's keep it quiet. Family and friends don't know yet.... :)

Picture2-4.png

CONGRATS MAN!

is there a little cb160 in there or something? ;) ;)

seriously though... CONGRATS!

Not really a purchase but a trade. A good friend of mine moved back to town and I helped him unpack the moving van. And, I gave him a nice and hardly used fly rod. This is a '74 KZ 400 with 21k on the clock. It doesn't run, but he did ride it a year ago. It developed an oil leak somewhere around the front sprocket which drips on the exhaust pipe. When he bought it, the paint looked really good. It now looks a faded orangey red. He has since left it outside under a tarp and tree and critters made it their home for awhile. He also crashed it into the back of his newish Element when he was learning to ride in the parking lot of his apartment complex. The Honda Element carries a nice dent and cracked turn signal lens fom the encounter! The bike suffered a dent in the once pristine gas tank, bent up the headlight ears as well as the tripmeter knob.

kz4001.jpg

kz4002.jpg

kz4004.jpg

kz4003.jpg

kz4005.jpg

Woohoo!!.. This just in!!..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320571974607&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

$8.00.. thats $2/light!!... how can you go wrong??!!.. I was surprised how solid and decent the quality is!!..
I know that Posh and Redz Por Vida (http://www.redzporvida.com), sell them for $80!!..

Other incoming goodies: Oil Temp gauge & dip stick for the SR500
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220669744081&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Well, thats (the 72) getting a stock rake/stretch hardail frame, type one heads, custom intakes and carbs, overbore, head work, a set of bitchin (real) invader 10 spoke wheels I picked up, some metalflake paint and some other neat-o stuff. 70s chopper for the win. This one will be a retro styled stocker/cafe. The 68 will become a dirtbike prob (no title).

VonYinzer said:
Well, thats (the 72) getting a stock rake/stretch hardail frame, type one heads, custom intakes and carbs, overbore, head work, a set of bitchin (real) invader 10 spoke wheels I picked up, some metalflake paint and some other neat-o stuff. 70s chopper for the win. This one will be a retro styled stocker/cafe. The 68 will become a dirtbike prob (no title).

ahh.. building a hardtail!!.. nice!!.. I think everyone should have 1 each genre in the stables... Cafe Racer, Bobber, sport bike, Brit bike, dirt/winter bike, chopper... ya know?

locO leoN said:
ahh.. building a hardtail!!.. nice!!.. I think everyone should have 1 each genre in the stables... Cafe Racer, Bobber, sport bike, Brit bike, dirt/winter bike, chopper... ya know?

gsx_ice_bike.jpg

Like this?

or like this?

pic6.jpg

speaking of winter bikes.. does anyone ride through the winter, snow and all? I'm really interested in attempting this, but not really sure where to start. What would be a good bike? I can't run spikes on the street can I? Are there decent motorcycle winter tires for the street?

Back
Top Bottom