Post a pic of your latest purchase

Yep, they are all parts for my AR 15 short barrel project. Top is a MBUS, or Magpul Back-Up Sight, second is a Magpul BAD, or Bolt Assist Device, and the last is a Magpul PMAG, or polymer Magazine. I just eat this shit up.

Sweet man! I know almost nothing about guns but at least I recognized what the last picture was. Thank you video games ::) .

Finally found a race stand that works for these old bikes.
5b34ccfb.jpg

That's a good question lol, I'm not sure, vertical horizon I think the box said, I got it on eBay, not the best but it works, look it up, type in "paddock race stand" Itl be the one for 28$ plus shipping, sold outta California.

hurley209 said:
That's a good question lol, I'm not sure, vertical horizon I think the box said, I got it on eBay, not the best but it works, look it up, type in "paddock race stand" Itl be the one for 28$ plus shipping, sold outta California.
Found it! Thanks man. I'll place my order now! Hope it works for my 1980 Suzuki GS450.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-STREETBIKE-REAR-PADDOCK-RACE-SWINGARM-STAND-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588c453436QQitemZ380310467638QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Yup that's it dude!
If it doesn't reach enough on the swing arm, you can alway make new pins to hold it up.
Either way for the price it's totally worth a try. Lol

noob very trick man!!!!
Hurley great find! harbor freight actaully carries one just like that may work and is about 20 bucks cheaper.... I tried my sport bike stand on 3 old bikes none of them worked, even converted it to an under arm stand and it still did not work... good find!

I stand corrected... i did not realize shipping was only $16 bucks... i thought it was 26 bucks... i think this is cheaper than the HF one

Yep I checked harbor freight and they are roughly about the same in the end, plus my 30min drive lol. And they don't have a shiny red stand lol

Here are some of my purchases over the past week or so.
100_3291.jpg

Guess what this bracket is for? It is one of the most difficult things to find (used) for a Buell XBR
100_3297.jpg

Gonna try to paint my red tail light lens with this stuff. $12 at Pep Boys beats $80 for a smoked lens from ebay!

Photo0307-1.jpg

OK, the above mentioned bracket holds the shock resevoir! $2.50 from ebay! A two year long search, my friends.

Photo0308.jpg

$3.50 from ebay Sellers want like $20 for this plastic tray. Shameless bastards.

100_3289.jpg

100_3288.jpg

FINALLY found the appropriate rod ends from this awesome company, Midwest Control Products Corp.
100_3290.jpg

Photo0309.jpg

This rod end was particularly difficult to find, until I happened upon Midwest Control Products, that is. This is a left hand thread 8mm x 1.25 (pitch) rod end. Turns out, however, the threaded end is too short even with the whopping long linkage rod from a CBR1000RR. I will purchase a female rod end and try (so far search has yielded zippo) to find an 8mm threaded rod that I can cut to fit. This has been the most frustrating thing about my build. Next time I will just buy rear sets. Making them is a cool concept, but in practice. It just plain sucks! ;D I'm an impressionable guy and let the whole "Build it, don't buy it" mentality detract from my original goal, which is to build a nice ride.

100_3293.jpg

100_3294.jpg

100_3295.jpg

On one of my trips to Wally World, I noticed these aluminum water bottles. I thought it could make a cool catch can instead of having tubing dangling from the carbs.

hurley209 said:
Finally found a race stand that works for these old bikes.
5b34ccfb.jpg

I've never had a problem with a swingarm stand fitting an old bike. This is an old Lockhart-Phillips stand of mine. My other stand is from Pit Posse, and it's even more adjustable than the L-P.
Photo0310.jpg

DSC00678.jpg
Bought some supplies for the trailer resto-mod.
I found out our local Honda shop stocks Arai helmets, so Kelly and I went by to try some on. FINALY a helmet that fits my oval head. ;D Didn't buy one .....yet. But now I know what I want. ;)

Kelly got signed-up for newb-rider classes, for later this spring. Turns-out they use 250 Nighthawks for the class. Kelly loved the bike, and they have a good deal on the class bikes. So, I have a funny fealing one may follow her home from class. 8)

03rangerxlt said:
Yep, they are all parts for my AR 15 short barrel project. Top is a MBUS, or Magpul Back-Up Sight, second is a Magpul BAD, or Bolt Assist Device, and the last is a Magpul PMAG, or polymer Magazine. I just eat this shit up.

Nice Man, I am in the process of building a new AR-15 as well... slowly, only mine is a 16" build cause I live in California and anything less than 16 will attract too much attention!

Needed a new tire, but a nail in my tire yesterday prompted this...
MichelinPilotRoad2.jpg

and just in time too cause my discount kicked in...

also been needing one of these for a while, again..discounts rock..not really cafe styled but I love it
ststl_anarchy_jkt_blk_LG.jpg
i've got 2 patches in the mail already..DTT Dirty South ftw!

i'm glad I took that second job....

Basement rat said:
Whats wrong with a tap and die set? You can use it for more then cleaning threads...

Couldnt find a die anywhere with the size and thread-pitch I needed for my OIF Triumph front axle...
This tool works freakin awesome and cleaned up the threads in 2 mins...

Back
Top Bottom