Goldwing build (CAFE/Bratt)

well got some done... but not much, my buddy came by and we changed out the pads on his harley and tossed some new fluids in it.
after that we went for a ride... but when everyone went their own ways... i came home and tinkered in the shop for a bit...
got the seat fabric... instead of micro fiber they sent some type of nylon so i just tossed that over the seat to take away the white from the padding to make mock up of the rear fender a bit easier...

I got that cut and just need to make some spacers for it, then off to powder wiht that as well, then lower the rear shocks 1 inch... then the rear will be done

md0gh3.jpg

md0gh3.jpg

Tail light
34ozsdx.jpg

from there i moved on to the headlight, got the mount all loc tited up and the new lamp in place... tapped some RED leds into the lense so that it will glow red when parked
The block i fabbed up looks and works great!!!!!
2lac4s2.jpg

6e43km.jpg

23uwk06.jpg

spgnkz.jpg

side pro
343kho3.jpg

I was also able to re assemble the grips we got for the bike now that they are all coated... AND I PROMISE i will start to bring a real camera in the shop with me so that i am not not using my cell phone... these pics do not justice to the bike

Joe, Did you already tell about the rear fender? If so I missed it.
What is it from?
Is it the stock one cut down at the front and remounted?
I sold mine alread so I can't check the lines but sure like the looks of yours.
I think I could get the one back that I sold with my parts bike cheap if not free, I doubt that guy is going to use it on his build.

yep it is the stock fender cut down, from there i am goign to cut some spacers so it floats between the rails, eihter that or run bolts and it iw ill stretch wider the fender, i then trimmed it down so you can not see any part of it under the fender... let me know i may have another rear fender off something laying around

ok... we are slammed in the shop! but i was able to sneak away and work on the wing a bit... got the rear end about done. made up a block for the tail light so that it will be high and tight, got the fender cut and powdered... and the best part... check out these shocks!!!

t890s3.jpg

ezjq7d.jpg

35cn3aq.jpg

some cool shocks we did

left to right : black chrome, satin black, anidized red/flat
1oakab.jpg

Those shocks are so sweet. I bet you can't wait to drive that thing. It will be like strapping a semi to your crotch. It will look tough as hell.

- Steve

...and here I am with a paint gun and a spray bomb trying to make one look good. ::)

Too sweet Joe, this bike is going to be killer!

horrible pic for an update i know but had some time so i wrapped up the seat while watching monday night motorcycle races
this will do till i can bust out the sewing maching and make a real seat cover... got to love how 1/2 staples dig into fiber glass, the wooden docs that i layed into the glass before sealing it work awesome!

it is wrapped with close stich micro fiber, almost looks like vinyal, does not have much stretch to it so to get it uniform i first wraped it in a old T Shirt so that it would smoooooth out and give it a clean area for the top cover to go... found an old back to the future shirt that i figured would be fitting... before i final wrap it i will get some matting and put that down... also ditched the original way i was goign to mount the seat, instead now i will do 2 button head bolts though the middle of the seat and hold down through a support under it, nice and clean that way and pulled down tight

2ap8c0.jpg

nx7281.jpg

2117vhh.jpg

got alot done! dad, sean, and my brother showed up... my brother and i just got done with his wing so things went fast!
got the new shocks on, got the rear fender mounted and locked in, got the tail light mounted, got the motor supports on, pegs on, radiator on, set the belts and got the new ones on and the cover and called it a night

here are some pics (please remember the seat is just temp wrapped for mock up, ill do a real leather wrap when all is said and done)

kd386p.jpg

i74xvo.jpg

folhrn.jpg

25psako.jpg

2l8zolh.jpg

my brother hard at work... FN radiator hoses suck!!!
2zecgfs.jpg

6izfwy.jpg

Sean got to sit on is steed for the first time
20r4sxe.jpg

all done for the night
w6xn5v.jpg

I commend your buddy's eye - ballsy approach I thought in the beginning but the result is sweet. It does seem too bad to put a fender on it. Maybe you could use one of those little ones that hangs off behind the forks, just to guard the rad and such. Or wire mesh the rad. Unless you're worried about riding in the rain or chipping powdercoat.

VonYinzer said:
Really does look great Joe! Get some decent pics for christs sake though! ha ha

I second this. Don't drop this w/o some nice shots of the finished product...

ok... so last night i sat down and spent some TLC with the carbs and front master...

got the carbs completely cleaned, and buttoned up, the floats are now set (according to the owners manual they need to be at 15.5mm and they where WAY off!) Use the old cut index card trick, works great! got them all put back together
2vkfb7r.jpg

28k8303.jpg

2e19d88.jpg

had some time left before i could do no more... so i re assembled the master cyl for the front with a new rebuild kit in it... good as new! just need to make a mount for the resivor...

1zv4chx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom