JULY 2010 BIKE OF THE MONTH - WINNER!

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
We have a winner! Sorry it's a bit late in announcing, but hey, it's Canada Day here and I've been out riding and watching fireworks :)

Congrats to Cafe Pete and his Lucky 7, who walked away with this month's title with a whopping 51.7% of the vote!

Banner to come! Enjoy all the glamor shots and details that make this a worthy DO THE TON Bike of the Month winner!

Cafe Pete's writeup:

Hi everyone,
Started about a year ago, I had Just sold my R6 a few months earlier. I was out for a drive with my wife,
when I noticed a bunch of vintage motorcycles coming towards us on Hwy24 (Paris Swap meet) when
it hit me, time to rebuild a old bike. So the research begins.
This is what she looked like when I picked her up, after a good clean.

photo4.jpg

Good shape, but with burnt wiring , rusty tank , seized brakes , three coat of paint on the engine(wires and all) I knew I had some long days ahead of me.
First thing, came across DTT and registered. Next worked on getting her started, then striped all unwanted parts, after reading a how to on building a fibreglass seat I took a shot at it, twice with good results.

cb3604.jpg

cb36013.jpg

Added the clubman’s, messed around with exhaust set up’s. When I was happy with the mock up the tear down started.

LUCKYPICton.jpg

Stripped and wire wheeled the frame and cut the unwanted tabs.

framestrip1.jpg

Spray the frame with black epoxy,

framepaint2.jpg

after the frame I started on the engine by stripping the paint, disassembled the top end checking for damage, cleaned, painted, lightly polished parts and reassembled the engine.
photo2-1.jpg

engine3.jpg

photo3.jpg

Next on to the wheels, sanded, installed the tubes and tires then sprayed them with satin black epoxy paint,

w1.jpg

also built a 1-2 intake with a round K&N filter, modified the kicker by adding a spark plug socket, mounted the speedo (soon the be the tach) low on the trees. Relocated the rear fender on the swing arm.

carbs2.jpg

kick2.jpg

rfender4.jpg

speedo1.jpg

Rebuilt the carbs, master cylinder, added new fork seals, brakes, lines and cables. Picked up 2-1 exhaust off a cb350 on ebay, added a little heat to make it fit. Completed the wiring, test fired, she started right up.

Back to the seat and tank bondo, sand, bondo, sand.
seatbondo2.jpg

Had a local paint shop mix a metallic orange paint and put it in to spray cans. After the prep was complete I taped off my garage and started spraying.
sunburst5.jpg

Added a led tail light, the decal and this is what she look like.

Very proud to say with the help of DTT I built this bike right out of my garage!

360-2.jpg

360-6.jpg

360-3.jpg

360-7.jpg

360-8.jpg

Pete I watched you craft this machine from the start, and I must say, you did an outstanding job. I love this bike and feel that it has a look that genuinely speaks cafe racer. I really can't explain how much I like it, but to put it in perspective, I really wish she was mine! I hope you find many sunny days to saddle up and enjoy this machine, and I know when you do, she will turn some heads! Nice job and congrats on BOTM, well deserved!

Congrats Pete. Once again, one of the best 360s ive ever seen.Well deserving BOTM. Ill be happy if mine turns out half as nice.

Congrats pete! a damn fine machine you have there. BOTM honors are well deserved!

Thanks very much guys!
extremely excited and honored to be voted as bike of the month.
I hope to share some of my new skills, by helping others with there
builds, their is so many great build out there right now that's
I'm tring to follow. Keep up the good work!
Peter
oh yeah! I'm tring to put a video togther to show her in
action, stay tuned.

Pete - email me full size pics of the bike that you'd like me to use in making up the banner - would like to get it done asap so we feature your bike for as much of July as possible!

admin@dotheton.com

Hmmm, I guess I'm playing catch-up. Congrats Pete!

Now ride the piss out of it! After you send Tim the pics of course!

Big Rich said:
Hmmm, I guess I'm playing catch-up. Congrats Pete!

Now ride the piss out of it! After you send Tim the pics of course!

Thanks Rich!
And don't worrie, she been at WOT more then a few times. ;D

Tim, the banner looks great! Now time to share with family and
friends.
Thanks again DTT!

Very well deserved. Your hardwork paid off even though you build this for your self and not to get props..
I did not doubt for once this would not win July.

Congrats Pete.

xulf13 said:
Very well deserved. Your hardwork paid off even though you build this for your self and not to get props..
I did not doubt for once this would not win July.

Congrats Pete.

Thanks xulf13!

You know... there's a "ton" of CB's out there. Lots of really nice ones too. This one, however, is one that I'd love to own!! :D

Others have already said it... but... "Well done Pete!!" 8) 8)

Thanks guys!
Very happy with the bike. Blast to ride,and she turning
alot of heads. ;D

Back
Top Bottom