www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: another cookie cutter jap bobber  (Read 18515 times)

Offline boisdarc

Re: another cookie cutter jap bobber
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2010, 23:55:31 »
thanks, hoping that by posting some of this stuff, and having a thread I'll feel pressure to finish it off. Next pic is a close up of the seat pan. Design is not really finished, just outlined. Burned in with a combo leather burning/soldering iron. The hammer- I'm not really throwing anything up there, just part of the design along with the wrench.
Ok, this is kind of a money shot. The kicker pedal is from guess where-damn right the scrap yard. It was a bear to do, a buddy from work lathed the left hand threads off and i died them to rights. You can see that I cut the tank mounting tab in back to clean up a little-still one ugly f!@#!er though. Shows a decent view of the motor mounts (top rear), and the battery box behind the mounts and under the electronics container. The motor mount has two all threads, plenty of washers, and nuts. The all threads also hold the battery box on. I really dig the way that troybilt did his mounts-super cool. The side mount high pipes you can see also, along with the start of my right side forward control for brake-I need to take more pics of it. Some people may say that the bike pedal  kicker is a bit played out, either way I'll probably keep it and maintain my dorkness.

The coils are under the tank still-had to drill some new holes and fab some mounts, I don't think they are in too bad of a spot-still mostly hidden but not in the exhaust oven. That is it for today, hopefully I can do some work on it tomorrow and take more pics. I still have a bunch of pics to post  that is already done.
if I can I only buy rearden steel and danconia copper.

Offline boisdarc

« Reply #11 on: Jul 29, 2010, 17:30:29 »
this is a pic of my chain tension er  probably not the best design, and not for sure if that is the ending or the beginning of it, it is a rectangular tube piece with two mounting bolts on the bottom and a bolt with lock nut holding an arm made of flat stock steel. The skateboard wheel has a spacer and is held on with a bolt and nut. I don't know if this spring will be strong enough to stop chain slap or not. You can also see the jenky looking jockey shift-probably not the final incarnation of that either.

Offline mrkil

« Reply #12 on: Jul 30, 2010, 10:40:11 »
how low is the bike?
from the pics it almost looks like you have only 1" of clearance.

lots of interesting stuff here

Offline boisdarc

« Reply #13 on: Aug 03, 2010, 17:50:51 »
there is about 3 inches of clearance, it is hard to tell because of all of the crap I leave laying around on my bench all the time. Now by interesting do you mean in the sense that a train wreck about to happen is interesting, or in the sense that something is different. The UGLY truth is that I live in central Illinois and the roads here are ROUGH-and by ROUGH I mean really crappy unattended full of pot holes and potential frame wrecking stuff.

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #14 on: Aug 03, 2010, 18:22:45 »
were in IL man? i am in Elgin !
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline boisdarc

« Reply #15 on: Aug 03, 2010, 23:48:17 »
I'm about 30 miles south of Springfield.

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #16 on: Aug 04, 2010, 11:20:23 »
nice man! if you wanna meet up for a drink. there is about 10 of us goign to missiouri on back roads to ride route 66... a bunch of cool bikes that i have built for customers and myself.  love the work you are doing man! we are doing the ride the weekend after this coming one
Joe
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline boisdarc

« Reply #17 on: Aug 05, 2010, 23:56:53 »
thanks for the offer -right now nothing I have runs. My triumph is waiting on new top end gasket set(which my lazy ass still hasn't ordered yet) and jacking around with valves and push rods. This jalopy (^) isn't finished yet because I'm a woos and haven't been working in my oven-I mean garage. After I get something rolling, I am real interested in meeting up with some folks on this board.

Offline boisdarc

« Reply #18 on: Aug 11, 2010, 14:03:34 »
Here's a possible color combo. The green will be a little more olive, but not to olive drab. I probably don't need to mention that I'm no photoshop expert. Any one for or against these ugly colors? Any guesses on the "138".

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2010, 14:05:47 »
what about kawi green? man this bike i would use a flake but that is how i roll...  I completely LOVE the stance the bike has!
Joe
www.thepowderpro.com