www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Honda CB350 Bobber is done  (Read 18913 times)

Offline dynamitedave

• dcclassiccycles.com
    • dcclassiccycles.com
Honda CB350 Bobber is done
« on: Jul 15, 2010, 12:28:08 »
I finished my Honda CB350, well mostly finished it, couple small things to do still. This is 1 of 2 CB350s I have, the other one is on the bike lift right now being stripped and fitted with cafe parts. I'll finish it sometime this decade.

I'm not a fan of the stretched out bobbers, i think they look funny, so i kept mine stubby.

This is what I started with. Stripped all the junk off I didn't plan to use and took it down to the bare frame so I could cut and weld it up.

First cut made just passed the rear down tube. CB350s use a pressed sheet metal frame which is ok for the underpowered bikes but it looks like poo.

I cut the top of the pressed frame out and welded in a single down tube. This was a lot of work to make it look somewhat stock but worth it in the end.

I used drag bars that I narrowed 4 inches in the middle, they stuck out too far. The gas tank is off of a Honda SL175. The seat is a spring bicycle seat made by Schwinn. I found a 21" front rim that fit it perfectly, the rear rim is stock 18". The fender is a spare tire cover from a 1934 Ford car. I got brand new aftermarket carbs for it with new controls and all new cables from Motion Pro. The exhaust pipes are generic ones from JC Whitney. I shortened the center stand to allow the wheels to touch the ground when the stand is up. I wired the bike from scratch and only wired what was needed. It has no horn, turn signals or kill switch. The key is the only way to turn it off. I plan on making a license plate bracket and getting a new headlight, I don't like this one, it's too small. I think that's about it. Lots of work but I'm pretty pleased with it.

Offline blucav85

Re: Honda CB350 Bobber is done
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2010, 16:52:38 »
you went threw all that frame work and left the swingarm in place. cool none the less but you should have just went full out and made a better hardtail

Offline boisdarc

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2010, 23:20:28 »
what kind of seat is that? looks cool
if I can I only buy rearden steel and danconia copper.

Offline dynamitedave

• dcclassiccycles.com
    • dcclassiccycles.com
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2010, 11:12:46 »
what kind of seat is that? looks cool

It's a Schwinn bicycle seat I got on ebay.  The CB350s are too small for regular motorcycle seats.

Offline Dirty Dan

• Tasty waves and a cool buzz.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2010, 02:44:21 »
Badass!

One question though, do you slip off that seat at all? Seems like its tilted back pretty far.

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2010, 20:16:32 »
Ya know, you could lop off the last of the uprights as long as your weld the swingarm at the pivot point and you wouldn't have to listen to the whining. I dig you little bike man, good call on the bicycle seat too...fits well.
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline renegadmonk

• http://www.youtube.com/user/zx12ryder
« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2010, 23:30:43 »
i like the bike also and........i also dont like stretched out bobbers.....the stubs are awesome as far as i am concerned....good work.

Offline mrkil

« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2010, 10:58:51 »
i'm a fan of this bike i just wish it had a different seat.

but it's not my bike it's yours and if you like it all the more power to ya

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2011, 19:08:52 »
Looks like great fun! Sound nice too....
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline alexcb360t

« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2011, 13:28:18 »
I DIG THE SEAT MAN!!!!!  I have the exact same one on my bicycle and they are comfy as hell!!!  shiiiii this is a good looking little chop!