1975 Yamaha RD 125 project

BreedloveGuys

Hey guys, new member here. My father and i have always known about this site and went through posts and stuff but just made an account for us and decide to show our bike.
We had been looking around for an old vintage two stroke when we finally came upon this one in a guys back yard. At first it looked like it was in pretty good shape until we got into the project and realized it was going to be rigorous. So enough said we stripped it down the the frame cleaned everything put new pistons in and fixed some other things up. Painted frame. It is still a work in progress but its near being complete.

We also stumbled upon a 1972 Suzuki GT380 in great shape that we are now restoring.

Anyways here it is. Feel free to comment or give tips on anything you know about it.
Also, we are looking to cafe it out, so if you have any leads or tips on seat, chambers, bars or tanks please let us know.

Attachments

• RD almost finished.jpg
    RD almost finished.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 438
I was trying to post more pics but i went over my limit so i will be posting more soon and they should be bigger and better quality.
Just wanted to get these up for now.

I actually didn't even think about using photobucket. Thanks ill get some up soon.

And thanks, yeah we actually have the bike running now and have even ridden it.
But for some reason when it takes a load it bogs out.
We think alot of it has to do with the points so we are going to buy new ones sometime this week.

So when we got this bike we didnt take pictures the first few days or the disablement. We were actually surprised that almost everything on this bike was original, because of this for the longest now we have been wanting to go original but i think we are starting to sway towards making it a cafe racer. But anyways here is a bit of the process.

OurMotorcycles001.jpg

[Broke down to frame]

OurMotorcycles034.jpg

[Completely stripped]

OurMotorcycles037.jpg

[Parts everywhere]

OurMotorcycles015.jpg

[Tires]

OurMotorcycles005.jpg

[more parts]

OurMotorcycles010.jpg

[Here is how the engine looked when we got it, besides it being in the frame]