Dolores is "Done"!

Deviant1

Over 1,000 Posts
My project is finally at a stopping point and in a state where it could be called "done." Of course she's not done. I'm already planning the things I'm going to do to her this winter. I was racing to get her done for a local show. She got 2nd in her class and I couldn't be happier. She's not a show bike. She stays dirty and in the wind. But I took some pictures of her today while I was out riding her so I figured I would do my first show 'n shine thread. I've got about $1500 in her including the purchase price. Big thanks to this site and all of the members who've helped me. I've gotten to know several extremely cool and talented people through this forum and I look forward to meeting a bunch of them at Barber this year! Also biggest thanks to Brandon (TwistedWheelz) who has helped all along the way. It has been good to hang with an old friend and work on motorcycles together and Dolores wouldn't be the bike she is without his help. I knew he would love cafe racers and I'm glad he's in the nuthouse with us! Here are the pics I took today:
100_3234.jpg

100_3232.jpg

100_3236.jpg

100_3235.jpg

100_3231.jpg

100_3227.jpg

100_3226.jpg

100_3220.jpg

Looks great man! The new color looks good but I did like the orange.

Now go ride the piss out of it! ;D

Yeah... The green is temporary. I don't like it either. I've got a scheme in mind and we'll do that this winter. For now I just want to ride it!

Very nice Deviant. I think the rattle can job was excellent too. I just don't care for the color either. I was fond of the orange too. But like said above, Done is a relative word. Look at Troy's no name bike. LOL

well, i guess i'll be the wierd one and say I like the color. Did you paint it yourself? if so, what paint did you use?

Twisted ended up spraying it after I had prepped it. It was some gloss rustoleum paint from Lowe's.

Oh, BTW... you spelled "Built" wrong ;)

Hahahaaaa, made ya look!! :p ;D ;D

Her first cafe color...
SDC11729.jpg

Her second:
100_3234.jpg

Her color has changed again!
100_3319-1.jpg

100_3321.jpg

100_3317.jpg

100_3315.jpg

100_3318.jpg

A little bit of love from Kiley's bama barber's bash 2010!
100_3323.jpg

At said bash I found a 4 into 1 system that will be on her as soon as I acquire a baffle... So more to come.

Well, I don't need no stinking baffle... But my neighbors would appreciate the fuck out of it!

Back
Top Bottom