Ever use Por 15 Glisten PC on bare metal? Won't Work :(

Re: Ever use Por 15 Glisten PC on bare metal?

I've never done it but I want to do the roof of my truck with it so let us know how it goes. How are you applying it?

mysta2 said:
I've never done it but I want to do the roof of my truck with it so let us know how it goes. How are you applying it?

It says you can brush it on and it will leave no brush marks, but I am still looking on the interweb for some reviews on how well it works. I might just order some and give it a try...

I talked to a rep at Por-15 and he told me that the Glisten PC product will only keep a ferrous metal from rusting for a couple of years... but I am still going to try it.

I am also thinking of using it on the engine covers after I polish them, since it was designed for aluminum it should work fine there.

Make sure you use a nice brush. They say that you can brush on all of their stuff and you can, with mixed results.

use a very very very fine brush....
We did a tank once.. the first coat was really good.. the second coat had lines in it and dripped...

But its rock solid man!!..

Thanks for the tips, I am going to be up in South Carolina for the weekend so I won't be able to "paint" my frame until next week :'( but I will post my results as soon as I can.

Feed_Sparky said:
I am also thinking of using it on the engine covers after I polish them, since it was designed for aluminum it should work fine there.

yes indeed. sorry, just saw this thread. I used it on a valve cover for my cb900. I sprayed it, and it takes ages to set up. Too long for my make-shift booth, and it had some dust settle on it. I'd be more careful next time, but it's so hard a cat couldn't scratch it - no wait. that was...nevermind. It's hard.

Well, not hard enough to stop it shattering when the bike blew over onto a concrete wall ::)

valvecover.jpg

Up until them, it was holding up well to the heat.

cheers
ian

Back
Top Bottom