anti motorcycle government

GB400 fan

terry66
Hi to all, you kiwis will already know about the new licence fees for motorcycles but other countries my not.
The government has just introduced new licence fees for motorcycles.

Passenger car 3mnth 6mnth 12 months
Petrol driven - private 76.11 144.59 281.61
Petrol driven - taxi 90.21 172.85 338.11
Petrol driven - rental 90.21 172.85 338.11
Non-petrol driven - private 107.87 208.10 408.65
Non-petrol driven - taxi 121.87 236.36 465.14
Non-petrol driven - rental 121.87 236.36 465.14
Trailer
Less than 3500kg 14.45 21.34 35.12
Motorcycle 3 months 6 months 1 year
Petrol driven - – 0- 60cc incl 104.29 200.97 394.38
Petrol driven - 61-600cc incl 107.09 206.60 405.63
Petrol driven - 601cc and over 135.00 262.41 517.25 .

as you can see more expensive than a car!! NZ must be the only contry in the world not encouraging people to get out of cars!! Its been a real shock to most riders and mass protests have been organised. There has also been a new organisation established to protect the interests of the NZ motorcycling community here http://www.mag-nz.org/

so check it out and lets know what you think!

hey guy, we have another country called CHINA. in NZ bikes just more expensive, in CHINA, bikes are forbidden~~~

your registration includes an element of ACC

and you don't have to have compulsory insurance as ACC covers you against claims for personal injury by third parties

however the way they allocate ACC blame is questionable

Also if you have more than one vehicle you pay several times for the same ACC coverage

Left NZ a long time ago, currently reside in the UK

one of bikes being pre 71 is road tax exempt and come end of november is also MOT exempt as they are exepmting allpre 60 vehicles from MOT

Would I go back to NZ, no, it would cost too much in rego and insurance, also most of my bikes have been modified and would be illegal there

yes well ACC isnt really what it used to be anymore!! bikes 30 years old can have a "classic" rego so a bit cheaper thank god!!

30 Years for classic Rego? I heard it was 40
Do you have to apply for it?

40 years for classic rego and I'm pretty sure it's from the 1st of Jan of the 40th year.

Also ACC levys suck, huge rego levy plus you have to pay 1.7% on your taxable income

Re: Re: anti motorcycle government

stroker crazy said:
jasonsaw has obviously never been to China!

Crazy

It's been two years...he's probably living there now

New Zealand has a two-part system for vehicles: an initial registration to identify the person responsible for the vehicle and to issue registration plates; purchase of a license label which permits driving the vehicle on public roads for the specified period.

A cumbersome process, and extremely expensive for motorcyclists!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
New Zealand has a two-part system for vehicles: an initial registration to identify the person responsible for the vehicle and to issue registration plates; purchase of a license label which permits driving the vehicle on public roads for the specified period.

A cumbersome process, and extremely expensive for motorcyclists!

Crazy

And the major part of that cost is the ACC

Does a classic rego permit any exceptions to emissions or riding equipment/modification standards?

I may spend a few years in NZ sometime during my career and would love to bring my 1977 Enfield along for the trip...

MD

AgentX said:
Does a classic rego permit any exceptions to emissions or riding equipment/modification standards?

I may spend a few years in NZ sometime during my career and would love to bring my 1977 Enfield along for the trip...

MD

Cant help you, but these guys might.

Here's a link to some info on the NZTA website that might be useful:
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/results.html?catid=57

Another useful resource would be the Vintage Car Club:
http://www.vcc.org.nz/
They are the NZTA certified organization responsible for identifying classic vehicles for registration and certification purposes etc.

You might also want to ask here:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/

It could be a complicated situation if:
- You want to register for more than 12 months, but don't have permanent residency or similar status
- The bike is Modified

Back
Top Bottom