www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Let's see your pickup trucks  (Read 87003 times)

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: Let's see your pickup trucks
« Reply #310 on: Mar 11, 2018, 13:06:37 »
Me too, nice truck.  I was just thinking about ditching the yaris for a pickup of similar vintage.
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #311 on: Mar 17, 2018, 00:03:09 »
I was just thinking about ditching the yaris for a pickup of similar vintage.
Yup, that'll suck the reliability right out of the equation :P
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline coyote13

« Reply #312 on: Mar 28, 2018, 17:52:35 »
'55 F-250 with a diamond plate flatbed.  302 Windsor/C4 auto, 3.73 Dana 60, 8x6.5 bolt pattern f/r, F-100 front fenders.  Have a 3" drop axle and disc brake kit for the front that I'll probably never get around to installing, probably use them to sweeten the pot for the next owner.  Oh and it's for sale too!  Factory heat for all you Northerners, works great  ;) ;D
Half the fun's in the get there...

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #313 on: Mar 28, 2018, 18:50:18 »
'55 F-250 with a diamond plate flatbed.  302 Windsor/C4 auto, 3.73 Dana 60, 8x6.5 bolt pattern f/r, F-100 front fenders.  Have a 3" drop axle and disc brake kit for the front that I'll probably never get around to installing, probably use them to sweeten the pot for the next owner.  Oh and it's for sale too!  Factory heat for all you Northerners, works great  ;) ;D
I love this.  Where's it at?

Offline coyote13

« Reply #314 on: Mar 29, 2018, 16:59:32 »
Dallas, TX
Half the fun's in the get there...

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #315 on: Mar 30, 2018, 13:13:36 »
Not mine, but in the family.
Bros '87 Fleetside...

New inner and outer tie rods and a fresh alignment today.
  OH MY !! Love the ole square body chevy's !  That's a nice one there.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41083.0

Life is a journey from the maternity ward to the crematorium....

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #316 on: Mar 30, 2018, 13:45:09 »
Nothing nearly as interesting as many, but with airbags, crumple zones etc. it does the job as a family hauler and I can toss a bike in the back (or on the hitch as the case may be).
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Habanero52

• The Race......is only with yourself!
« Reply #317 on: Mar 30, 2018, 18:05:12 »
That looks like a  nice and sturdy hitch mount bike carrier. What brand is it? Max load?
Habanero52
Speed cost....How fast do you want to spend?
Follow the dream.
Why does life get in the way?

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #318 on: Mar 30, 2018, 18:33:37 »
Good old Princess Auto - Canadian equivalent to Harbor Freight.  Don't buy anything from those places if it has moving parts :)

The carrier is rated for 500 pounds, so it will haul anything I own.  The truck is rated to 7,000 pounds towing and a solid 900 pounds tongue weight.

My BMW R75/6 weighs about 460 pounds, while my KLR is 430 or so and it goes down from there thankfully :)  The TU250X in the photo is 326 pounds.

It's nice to be able to load and unload easily on my own, and not have a trailer to find a home for.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Pete12

« Reply #319 on: Apr 02, 2018, 20:25:49 »
Not like you guys have in America, but this is my pick-up from Australia. Its a factory Ford with a 5 litre blown motor that has just under 420kW (560hp) at the rear wheels. It's pretty quick...