www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Modern cafe, "Project Kool-Aid/ Christine: CASE BACK OPEN...  (Read 87940 times)

Offline t71ford

Well, with winter fast approaching, I am getting the restless bug again. This bike was supposed to be a streetfighter, but that look causes a lot of dubious misconceptions around here, so I am going a different direction. Plus, with Blackkat's success, I am now inspired. I have spent the last two weeks conceptualizing, and have a pretty good idea of the way I want to go. Here is the starting pic;

I am now going the cafe direction (just can't help myself). Here is what I have doped out so far:

Full polished frame, swinger, and wheels. Replace and rework gauge cluster, and re-mount dual headlamp. Thruxton or Dunstall alloy seat (polished of course). Silver metal base painted tank with [undisclosed :P ] candy red airbrused artwork on tank.  A lot of clean and detail on engine, and reworking all of the undertail stuff.

Not a lot to report, but it will save me some catch up later. I will post more when something interesting happens...This is the official start!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 13:57:52 by t71ford »
Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles….Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
Re: Modern cafe, henceforth "Project Kool-Aid"
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2010, 02:08:14 »
This promises to be interesting.....

Got my attention!

Offline t71ford

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2010, 02:14:50 »
Thanks man...its not much yet, but it will be a long winter! I gotta admit, I feel a little silly with starting a thread with so little, but hey, they all gotta start somewhere ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2010, 02:18:00 by t71ford »
Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles….Hunter S. Thompson

Offline reelinfeele

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2010, 09:49:24 »
are those the duals from amercain classix??
I feel sorry for people that dont drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as their gonna feel all day.

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2010, 10:16:33 »
Well damn... Its a Honda. Im in.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline hurley209

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2010, 18:59:33 »
ditto.
your mom
your sister
yeeeeah buddy

Offline t71ford

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2010, 22:24:08 »
I am going to start the teardown tomorrow, because there is a lot of polishing to be done. I can ride the xs1100 while this is down, so I don't lose any riding time. I am pretty excited about the concept, but will need you guys to help keep it true! I have decided to keep most of the stock running gear, since it handles really well and puts down plenty of power the way it is. The looks need a lot of help, though, and that is where this work comes in. Hopefully more pics soon!

Offline t71ford

« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2010, 22:26:24 »
I don't remember whose light that dual is. I think I got it off e-bay, and it still cost a fair bit. It is really well made , though with parking/ day running lamps and everything. Sorry, not much help :-\

Offline Gweenz

« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2010, 00:01:51 »
Is that a CBR600 F4?  That looks suprisingly good naked.   Who says a cafe has to be vintage?  Go nuts on that thing!
CB360T

Offline t71ford

« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2010, 00:42:12 »
Honda VTR1000F twin. I plan to go nuts, after seeing some of the inspiration for the modern here! ;D