My 74' cb450 Rusty Nail

pawn

Over 1,000 Posts
Not finished yet, still have to button some things up and I have a sprained wrist right now. My buddy Robbie is bending over backwards helping me on this project. It's been through many different looks since I bought the bike two years ago for $500 and had many running problems. In the next two weeks I will have a rider, and after I take her home I'll get to finishing the upholstery. Let me know what you think so far.

DSC_0040 by jeffe suarez, on Flickr

DSC01028 by jeffe suarez, on Flickr

DSC01030 by jeffe suarez, on Flickr

DSC01026 by jeffe suarez, on Flickr

cb450 by jeffe suarez, on Flickr

SWEET! I like the fact that it's still got shocks on the back. I like rigids too but your kidneys will thank you.
Is your swing arm stock or stretched?

thanks. It's not my kidneys I worry so much as my back! The swingarm and wheel are from a cb360 which is about near 2" longer than the cb450 swingarm. I was going to stretch the stocker, but went this route because I also wanted to go with an 18" because the wheel I had before was a Harley 16" hoop strung to the 450 hub and I didn't like the look of it.

had some issues with the throttle cable, so I need a new one. Now I'm also thinking of going to Mikuni carbs, since my stockers are touchy and annoying. For the seat, I will probably build another one, while I like this one, I may go with a hoop in the frame and weld a pan in so everything sits flush.

Hey, you're on VWVortex with that bike too! Nice. I think the sunflower 1/2 sleeve has been photo'd there too. 'net creeper. :-[

yeah JPawn1 on the 'tex, and yup the sunflower sleeve had been posted in there. It's got a cow now and soon a tractor to fill in the rest of the sleeve.

thanks, I think so too. I'm going to change the bars though to some z-bars with a 4 inch rise just for a little more comfortable riding position for me. I find myself riding one handed too much because I'm always trying to lean back. I have a bad back, so a more upright position is more comfortable for me (it's also why I haven't gone with a hardtail project.)

I like this bike a bunch. She really looks fantastic. Nice work

thanks man, i just have to find the energy to clean it up just a little bit more by getting rid of the stock battery box and a few other little things.

Back
Top Bottom