www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Cafe seems to morph into fighter  (Read 44117 times)

Offline ctluba

Cafe seems to morph into fighter
« on: Oct 17, 2010, 02:01:53 »
Hey guys, Started with this 750F.

Built this cafe / rat bike for fun.

I was very happy with this lowered / bobbed cafe look and enjoyed cruising around. I then got very tired of that big stock tailight so added a nice little cat eye style tail light. This opened up a bunch of room in the rear end so I started messin with the stock tail cowl. I trimmed and shaped it into a small type of solo seat that is bolted right to the seat pan. I think it looks way cool and decided to keep it. I also extended and braced the swingarm and it looks killer. I just have to decide on the final hieght of the tail end when I get my shocks and extensions in next week. My dilema is that my cafe racer now seems to look more like a street fighter. I like both looks but I dont know. Give me your thoughts. Should I set up the rear end high, sort of like a super bike / fighter, or low, more cafe-ish. But I dont think the tail end will look good in a low set up with that cowl on there. Oh well, decisions, decisions.  

Current look. More fighter-ish no??? Opinions????

Custom tail from the front

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010, 02:09:59 by ctluba »

Offline Dezmodromic

• Never mess with a wookie
Re: Cafe seems to morph into fighter
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2010, 10:45:03 »
:golfclap: VERY much better! don't take this as negativity since I liked the way your bike looked before but the seat and taillight work is exactly what it needed. Bravo sir..

This is also the same style idea I had planned for my cb900. I was gonna do straight cafe but as I've thought on it more and more..its getting fighter'd

Gray
Gray Smith -

Getting closer..
82 Honda CB900F Cafe - In Progress

Offline pawn

• The Daily Devil
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2010, 22:19:55 »
stay wth this look it's much better than the cafe lump you had going. It was mad max before, now it's cool! Lift of the seat cover and putt some batting in there and pull tighter. You won't have any lumps.

Offline drummershoes

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2010, 02:04:27 »

I second that def. Stay with this look it seems to flow a lot better with the modified seat cowl/ stock seatpan combo.

Offline ctluba

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2010, 02:10:46 »
Thanx, I like it also. Will have more pics soon as my shocks came in today.

Offline ctluba

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2010, 12:53:59 »
Got everything bolted up today. Just have to fit the chain.

Offline pawn

• The Daily Devil
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2010, 14:32:11 »
what rear is that? I wasn't paying attention the first time around...it looks awesome with that new swingarm...nice and long and low but not too much of either...just rightt

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2010, 14:59:57 »
Much better mate, that's got real potential now!
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline hurley209

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2010, 15:28:21 »
i agree looks waaay better.
any thoughts on painting it?
your mom
your sister
yeeeeah buddy

Offline ctluba

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2010, 01:17:08 »
what rear is that? I wasn't paying attention the first time around...it looks awesome with that new swingarm...nice and long and low but not too much of either...just rightt

I had the stock arm extended 4 inches from the front side and braced, repostioned the rear signals, new cat eye tailight and trimmed the stock tail and bolted it to the seat to make a custom solo seat.