Cafe seems to morph into fighter

ctluba

Been Around the Block
Hey guys, Started with this 750F.

04-21-10168.jpg

Built this cafe / rat bike for fun.

09-03-10077.jpg

I was very happy with this lowered / bobbed cafe look and enjoyed cruising around. I then got very tired of that big stock tailight so added a nice little cat eye style tail light. This opened up a bunch of room in the rear end so I started messin with the stock tail cowl. I trimmed and shaped it into a small type of solo seat that is bolted right to the seat pan. I think it looks way cool and decided to keep it. I also extended and braced the swingarm and it looks killer. I just have to decide on the final hieght of the tail end when I get my shocks and extensions in next week. My dilema is that my cafe racer now seems to look more like a street fighter. I like both looks but I dont know. Give me your thoughts. Should I set up the rear end high, sort of like a super bike / fighter, or low, more cafe-ish. But I dont think the tail end will look good in a low set up with that cowl on there. Oh well, decisions, decisions.

Current look. More fighter-ish no??? Opinions????

020.jpg

007-1.jpg

001-4.jpg

Custom tail from the front

019.jpg

:golfclap: VERY much better! don't take this as negativity since I liked the way your bike looked before but the seat and taillight work is exactly what it needed. Bravo sir..

This is also the same style idea I had planned for my cb900. I was gonna do straight cafe but as I've thought on it more and more..its getting fighter'd

Gray

stay wth this look it's much better than the cafe lump you had going. It was mad max before, now it's cool! Lift of the seat cover and putt some batting in there and pull tighter. You won't have any lumps.

what rear is that? I wasn't paying attention the first time around...it looks awesome with that new swingarm...nice and long and low but not too much of either...just rightt

pawn said:
what rear is that? I wasn't paying attention the first time around...it looks awesome with that new swingarm...nice and long and low but not too much of either...just rightt

I had the stock arm extended 4 inches from the front side and braced, repostioned the rear signals, new cat eye tailight and trimmed the stock tail and bolted it to the seat to make a custom solo seat.

hurley209 said:
i agree looks waaay better.
any thoughts on painting it?

Paint would be a slap in the face for the punisher!!!!!!!! It will stay industrial flat black. Thanx for the compliment though. ;D

Starting to look much better and more complete/integrated. Fighters usually have higher bars, so if you're looking for a label, this one is more of a Street Rod - long and low to drag from one spot to another. Fighters are more of a guerilla - urban fighter, get through traffic type look.

I like it. I'd use a thin LED strip under the HONDA decal for an even more minimal rear end look. I'd paint it back on black as a sort of classy stealth fighter look. Flat black is a bit 1990s.

just MHO.

Might not be worth the headache, but I'm feeling the need for fatter USD forks. Although that sucker is looking f'n mean as is.

or some upper fork covers (maybe brass pipe would look trick) and some boots
i love how that sucker came out!

CresentSon said:
Might not be worth the headache, but I'm feeling the need for fatter USD forks. Although that sucker is looking f'n mean as is.

I am considering several winter projects. Modern front end, modern wheels, maybe an engine swap. I just have to see what parts I come across on ebay etc and what direction I go. One thing for sure, this baby is not done yet, just moving in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom