www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Cafe seems to morph into fighter  (Read 39339 times)

Offline ctluba

Re: Cafe seems to morph into fighter
« Reply #20 on: Nov 22, 2010, 15:55:49 »
Ok, update time. Landed a CBR 600F2 rear wheel, tire, caliper, caliper arm, axle and spacers. The whole thing bolted up with no special spacers or mods. I did lose a ton of ride hieght because the wheel is one inch shorter that the stock one and I could not use the shock extenders as there was NO clearance by the rear sprocket hub bolts and the lower shock mount. I will have to move the lower shock mounts farther up the swingarm to get my hieght back. Should be a pretty easy fix. Now have to turn attention toward front end.

New 170 vs old 130

On bike

tight squeeze for hub bolts and shock lower mount. but tire is centered and chain is straight

ride hieght is way too low

Will shoot for this hieght by moving shock mount forward on swingarm

Only have to move it forward a few inches

Offline Swapmeet Louie

• Put some metal in yer eye....
« Reply #21 on: Nov 22, 2010, 17:29:29 »
looks sharp! is it longer than stock?

Louie
" an opinion form someone who knows not of which he speaks is worse than worthless" TEAZER

"Carb tuning is a black art. It's voodoo(sic), scientiology and comet worship all rolled into a pile. There's is no blue pill, it's a matter of taking the time and earning the bloody knuckles. " Swagger

Offline ctluba

« Reply #22 on: Nov 22, 2010, 17:38:08 »
The swingarm was extended 4" on the front end side and braced. I also trimmed the rear of the frame off. The cut frame and extended swingarm toether make it look longer than it really is.

Offline Dezmodromic

• Never mess with a wookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2010, 00:59:56 »
oh nice...i'll be keeping notes on that swap for the 900f...i'm looking for a relatively easy wheel swap for 17's
Gray Smith -

Getting closer..
82 Honda CB900F Cafe - In Progress

Offline ctluba

« Reply #24 on: Nov 23, 2010, 19:23:43 »
Moved my shock mounts forward on the swinger. Got my shocks back into the proper geometry and got my ride hieght back.

Offline silverstonepgt

• The Beerfish
« Reply #25 on: Nov 23, 2010, 21:36:09 »
Man, that flow really makes me wanna put my sidecovers back on!

How comfy is the seat you ended up with?  I'm just running with a couple layers of closed cell foam, kinda want some more!
1980 Honda CB400TII Hawk fighter
1983 Kawasaki KZ550LTD bobber

Offline ctluba

« Reply #26 on: Nov 23, 2010, 23:31:08 »

How comfy is the seat you ended up with?  I'm just running with a couple layers of closed cell foam, kinda want some more!

Thanx, I like the side covers myself. I understand the urge to rip them off because I did a few times, just couldnt make all the shit underneath look good so I left them. Then when I made my little custom tail it did sem all to flow together.

The seat is pretty thin but it gets the job done. I couldnt stand the big, thick, ugly stock configuration so I ripped it apart. 

Offline thebronze

• Custom Fighters .com
« Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2010, 01:49:18 »

Looks great so far... You should try and match the front whell with the rear one

Offline Dirty Dan

• Tasty waves and a cool buzz.
« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2010, 17:39:01 »
I think you quoted the wrong picture there, slick :P

But yeah, what do you think it would take to get the matching CBR wheel on the front?

Offline ctluba

« Reply #29 on: Nov 28, 2010, 00:51:09 »
I have a CBR front wheel on the way from flea bay. When I get it all mounted up I will update with pics. The CBR front wheel will mount up to the stock forks and calipers with only some spacer adjustments so it should be pretty straight forward, I hope.