www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Cafe seems to morph into fighter  (Read 40275 times)

Offline ctluba

Re: Cafe seems to morph into fighter
« Reply #50 on: Jan 03, 2011, 22:32:26 »
Gee Swag, it is only 4 inches over!!! Any less and I felt it would not be noticable and therefore not worth the cost. Any longer and it would really affect the handling. Tried to find a happy middle ground of looking a little longer but not a total stretched drag bike.

I understand everybody has there own taste and this look works for me. I dont take your comments as "critizism", just your taste, no worries!!

Offline Dezmodromic

• Never mess with a wookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 03, 2011, 23:31:14 »
its definitely come a long way...I'm digging it all...now i'm gonna have to change mine around so it doesn't look just like yours..lol

Gray
Gray Smith -

Getting closer..
82 Honda CB900F Cafe - In Progress

Offline ctluba

« Reply #52 on: Jan 03, 2011, 23:41:52 »
Post a pic or two. Have I seen yours? I love all pics, dont worry about hijacking my thread, all pics welcome. :)

Offline ctluba

« Reply #53 on: Jan 03, 2011, 23:46:17 »
Now I remember, you have the blue 900F correct. I saw it over at customfighters.

Offline Dezmodromic

« Reply #54 on: Jan 04, 2011, 00:22:40 »
Now I remember, you have the blue 900F correct. I saw it over at customfighters.

that would def. be me...I'm kinda waiting to post a thread over here till I've got something more than just taking stuff apart

Gray
Gray Smith -

Getting closer..

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 04, 2011, 13:00:14 »
Ctluba: I'm glad you're not taking my input poorly. Like I said, I don't like to criticize people's builds generally because it's almost always NOT taken well.
As for the rear end, if you're reasoning for doing it was to 'be noticed' well...mission accomplished.

In my mind (and as you pointed out, my tastes) I want to build first for performance eg; if it doesn't help handling/power.stopping.....don't do it. Some bikes desperately need a couple inches out back for weight bias, dunno about the later CBs like yours.
But also, if I want the changes noticed by the upper echelon, not spoon fed to the unwashed...if that makes sense. I state this in this manner to illustrate my point, not to toss barbs but you're reasonable so I feel like you'll know that (more for other's).

As I said, I like what you've done but it does look reeeaaally long.
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #56 on: Jan 04, 2011, 14:11:46 »
i think that the smaller wheels just make it look a bit longer... i am still not feeling the headlight. maybe make a cover for it to tie it in a bit more...
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline ctluba

« Reply #57 on: Jan 04, 2011, 14:24:37 »
Ctluba: I'm glad you're not taking my input poorly. Like I said, I don't like to criticize people's builds generally because it's almost always NOT taken well.
As for the rear end, if you're reasoning for doing it was to 'be noticed' well...mission accomplished.

In my mind (and as you pointed out, my tastes) I want to build first for performance eg; if it doesn't help handling/power.stopping.....don't do it. Some bikes desperately need a couple inches out back for weight bias, dunno about the later CBs like yours.
But also, if I want the changes noticed by the upper echelon, not spoon fed to the unwashed...if that makes sense. I state this in this manner to illustrate my point, not to toss barbs but you're reasonable so I feel like you'll know that (more for other's).

As I said, I like what you've done but it does look reeeaaally long.

I here ya about not doing if it doesnt help performance. But if I were soley looking for the best performance I would not have bought a 30 year old bike that weighs a ton and has 30 year old performance. I would have bought a gixxer or some other modern ride that will blow the doors off my CB, no matter how much money I dump into this monster.

I bought this bike to build a cruiser / muscle bike that will look unlike any of the hundreds of gixxers or other plastic lumps out there. Just to cruise around and look mean!!!!!!!! Anyway, cant wait til spring!!!

Offline Dezmodromic

« Reply #58 on: Jan 04, 2011, 14:59:04 »
I bought this bike to build a cruiser / muscle bike that will look unlike any of the hundreds of gixxers or other plastic lumps out there. Just to cruise around and look mean!!!!!!!! Anyway, cant wait til spring!!!

Well said!...of course that's why I also bought a Buell...NO ONE has them around where I live

This thread gets me pumped about building my CB, I think tonight after I put the new intake on my Buell I'll stip more stuff off the CB..lol

Gray
Gray Smith -

Getting closer..

Offline ctluba

« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2011, 21:54:24 »
that was hard pullin that motor >:(

Parts arrive next week.