LUCKY 13

Just finished up this 1972 CB450 I call lucky 13 ;D. I plan on adding some decals on the side covers and finalizing a bunch of small stuff but overall the bike is complete. I have been riding it for a few days now and I must say it's really cool having something vintage. This is my first bike build so it's been a little bit of a rough road.......I have to thank everyone that helped out with my build and everyone that inspired me with some of the craziest builds on this site. Now I have to figure out something else to tinker with.....Maybe a 70's dirt bike.

And of course thank you Tim and Tony!

Here is the complete build: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=15459.0

Before:

After:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drew84/5091119411/

Some very nice work right there. Bet it's hard to ride around without a great big smile!

I absolutely love it. The way the seat continues the line from the top of the tank is something I find missing on a lot of bike builds. It keeps the flow of the bike. I would sport that around town. ;D

i am truely impressed wiht this bike, love it all around!!!

man if you dont mind me asking what did that tune run your? i have been pricing dynos out here for my TX and they are all over the place!

I think you miss understood me.....I had the carburetors tuned I.E. everything adjusted and larger jets put in. I never had it on a dyno though. Sorry if I was misleading ;)

Sawbladz said:
I absolutely love it. The way the seat continues the line from the top of the tank is something I find missing on a lot of bike builds. It keeps the flow of the bike. I would sport that around town. ;D

Even after photographing this bike, that is something that I didn't notice until you pointed it out. It is very appealing to the eye.

Thanks Andrew that means a lot. And thanks for taking those sweat pics. Maybe we could get a few more photos in the next time we have some nice weather.

WOW! Amazing looking bike. I dont think my 450 will ever look as smooth as that. How do you like the riding position with the stock pegs? Also, what kind of brake master/lever are you running...that doesnt look like the stock reservoir?

Get your glamor shots and details up in the Voting thread for Nov BOTM!

expelled said:
one of the best bikes I've seen. perfect. do you have more info on that gauge?

It's an Acewell gauge - Google it and you'll find it.

Its an Acewell 2853. Dime City Cycles sells them along with speedo adapter cables. I put on one my bike....very sleek looking unit!

Back
Top Bottom