www.townmoto.com

www.oldschoolspeed.com

www.moto-madness.com

www.rustrev.com

www.monstercraftsman.com

www.bullitcustomcycles.com

DWMS Racing

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Gasolina Boots  (Read 12739 times)

Offline rkatapt

Gasolina Boots
« on: Nov 01, 2010, 13:09:30 »
Check out these handmade boots.

http://www.hungrylens.com/gasolinaboots/

They look pretty sharp and at a good price for a handmade leather boot. I've been looking around for some new riding boots. I don't want the superhero look of modern day riding boots. My Docs have been working for me I just hate the really thick sole and toe.

Offline VonYinzer

• Site Supporter
  • Oh, I got a helmet...
Re: Gasolina Boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2010, 13:35:21 »
Ya... Been eyeing these up for awhile now. Really good looking boot.
Here I go, deep type flow, Jacque Cousteau could never get this low..

-Ol Dirty, aka Lil Baby Jesus, aka Dirt McGurt (RIP)

Offline Speedfiend

« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2010, 16:41:36 »
I just saw the add in Motorcycle classics. I emailed Todd about large sizes (i wear a 15). He responded quickly and said he does have some, but he also suggested taking measurements ( chart he provided) to ensure a proper fit. He also said for an extra $25, they would make a custom fit boot.I sent him my #'s and  I 'm waiting on his reply. I'm stoked!
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2010, 20:24:32 by Speedfiend »

Offline ScramblerJ

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2010, 16:48:52 »
Anybody already have a pair?  They sure look great, but I worry about buying shoes of any kind that I can't actually try on first.

Offline DrJ

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2010, 23:59:25 »
They do look good but I've never found a pair of tall zip up boots that fit over my bulbous calves.

Offline phrige

• I'm a pig, I'm A dog so exuse me if I drool.
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2010, 16:59:23 »
Ya those boots = sexual feeling.
The price is pretty fantastic. I'm usually not one for the tall boots, but these look are really nice.

How have they fit and worked out after wearing them for a while? build quality good?

"Theory and reality are rarely one in the same." - MidcoastCustoms

Peter.Ox_Av

Offline Speedfiend

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2010, 20:23:37 »
Well, I'm somewhat less than stoked. I  sent Todd an email with my measurements and let him know of my intentions to purchase a pair before X-mas. 1 week, no response,   fowarded email again. 2weeks no response.  3 weeks, still nothing. Don't think i'll be sending him any of my money.

So, anyone know where I can get some size 15 touring style boots? Maybe some with less of a metrosexual vibe?
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2010, 21:27:31 by Speedfiend »

Offline Weezy

• The Impatient Perfectionist!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2010, 23:04:24 »
Yeah these boots caught my attention too. I've been looking for this type of boots for a while now. The only thing I don't like about them is the light colored stitching and the type of leather used on the upper part.
Actually the boots I'd like to get are more like 70's motocross boots with the 4 or 5 buckles on the side. If you look at the boots Goose is wearing in Mad Max you will see what I mean. The only boots I have been able to find that are close are not cheap.
Aerostich Combat Touring boots
http://www.aerostich.com/off-and-riding/footwear/combat-touring-boots/aerostich-combat-touring-boots.html
And Gold Top Boots. You can usually find these in British motorcycle magazines.
But like I said not cheap.

Offline phrige

• I'm a pig, I'm A dog so exuse me if I drool.
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2010, 23:24:24 »
Damn, that sucks Speedfiend...

Weezy, that's what ive been keeping an eye out for too. But something less tall hooker/KISS boot like.

The vintage mid 60's? Alipine Motorcross Boots are pretty killer. Though I guess they're catching on, since some ratty ass pair was on ebay a few months ago for like $100+  .. dunno how easy it will be to find a decent pair of size 10 - 11, seems to be a popular size.

Though I havn't hunted my local vintage shops for a long time now, I think its about that time to find local gold. Something thats just been thrown to the side, for me to snatch and enjoy. 
"Theory and reality are rarely one in the same." - MidcoastCustoms

Peter.Ox_Av

Offline VonYinzer

• Site Supporter
  • Oh, I got a helmet...
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:09:14 »
I was going to pick up a pair of these Gasolinas, but i found these on EBay and for $35 delivered I figured Id try em' out first. Pretty cool 70s (?) era boots. Should be here today. Hopefully they fit.

Here I go, deep type flow, Jacque Cousteau could never get this low..

-Ol Dirty, aka Lil Baby Jesus, aka Dirt McGurt (RIP)

Offline stik70

« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:28:04 »
I was going to pick up a pair of these Gasolinas, but i found these on EBay and for $35 delivered I figured Id try em' out first. Pretty cool 70s (?) era boots. Should be here today. Hopefully they fit.

sweet
"Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge" E.J. Potter

Offline ScramblerJ

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2010, 14:58:58 »

Offline Speedfiend

« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2010, 18:58:39 »
I got tired  of waiting.
I ordered these.
http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3290-steven.aspx?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=tout&utm_content=say-boots-steven&utm_campaign=11112010

Use promo code   DMFF3510   and save $44.00   

Offline ScramblerJ

« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2010, 22:56:02 »
I got tired  of waiting.
I ordered these.
http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3290-steven.aspx?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=tout&utm_content=say-boots-steven&utm_campaign=11112010

Use promo code   DMFF3510   and save $44.00   

Thanks for the promo code, I think I'm going to do the same

Offline Weezy

• The Impatient Perfectionist!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2010, 18:55:23 »
Wow!  :o      Those Dr. Martens look great. With $44.00 off they are hard to refuse. If I had any spare cash I'd buy them right now.