NOVEMBER 2010 BIKE OF THE MONTH - WINNER!

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to cb550fcafe and his CB450 in winning November's BOTM contest! It was another awesome lineup of bikes this month - looking forward to our contest this month for the last BOTM for 2010!

Here's the writeup and pics - enjoy!

-----------------------------------------

I'm the new guy here and I have to say its an honor to be included with the great bikes here. Its cool to have a place to fit in. I am not a professional builder or a rich person. I work in an automotive garage for my day job. Nights and weekends are spent working on bikes or riding bikes. I build as much as I can myself. The CB450 is the third bike for me, its the culmination of 1.5 years of hard work, scraping together nickles & dimes and salvaging old parts. Here is my build thread. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=19329.0 I didn't do alot of pictures beacuse I work very messy and its a little embarrassing. My bike lift was a plastic parts tote until I could mount the center stand. I ride with the CT Rockers. My friend owns a powder coat shop, competitive edge coatings so I swapped a few car reapirs and he did my powder work. My bikes cost me more in back labor than money since cash is hard to find.
Details,
Rebuilt engine +3 overbore, head work & porting by me, new gaskets/seals, cam chain, cam bearings, new shift shaft, carbs redone with eastwood carb renew and polished bowls, domes, all engine parts polished by me with $60 Harbor Freight buffer 100 hours at least, aluminum motor mounts from a 70CL450
Hondaman ignition, new wiring throughout, LEDS for neutral & hi beam, Led turn sigs mounted inside headlight bolts, NOS hand controls with kill delete and silver color.
All electrics moved behind seat.
BCR pea shooter exhaust made to fit my chassis.
BCR Hammer Head tank & seat
Buchanan spoked the wheels
Homemade rear sets
1970 CL450 front drum brake
3" extended swing arm
CB900f shocks
BCR custom bars with 450 gauge
All suspension rebuilt

Shot_oldskool-10.jpg

Bacon_Cycle.jpg

TestEdit2.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

CafeRacer_Close_Final.jpg

TopDownFinal.jpg

Pan_Final.jpg

bradwsm said:
The banner looks great, nice work Tim! Congrats cb550 cafe!

agreed!

absolutely well deserved! one of DTT's best for sure!

I must be missing something, I see the same red flat seat bike that has been on the banner. Is there another banner I am not seeing?

If you`re still seeing the old banner hit Ctrl-F5 on your Windows computer to force a refresh - your browser puts most of the graphics in cache on your local computer and sometimes they won`t be refreshed unless you force it.

Very well deserved by far, but I think the competition was good. Between P71sohc's bike and Hurley209. And even Dime city's CB450. I have become a true CB450 fan. So much in fact that I went and bought one, LOL

Congrats on the Win CB550

Any Chance there will be a 2011 calendar featuring all this years winners? Say $10 $15 a calendar? I would definetly buy one.

This is awesome guys!! I can't think of a better way to welcome the new guy. There is so much great talent here on DTT, the bikes this month are outstanding. Its great to have a place to fit in no matter what kind of bike it is. I thank all of you for the votes and great comments. I will work even harder on the next build. DTT is a cool place to hang out and share knowledge with like minded people. I'm glad to be here and will represent DTT the best I can. WooooHoooooo!!!!!! ;D

that bike is beautiful, you got it dead right, hope it rides as nice as it looks.
I recently bought a 65 Black Bomber myself.

I see the US flag in the pic but the cafe has a very similar look to some I visited in France and Spain recently.

Beautiful bike, unique and SUPER SHINY! Great job on the photos and banner design.

Good on ya Fugger.. Glad to see ya won.. Representin Hooliganism with a great bike....

Are you comin to the MINI BIKE throwdown on Saturday NOV. 13th...?

If its riding weather. You racing? It was funny, I saw like 20 mini bikes for sale last weekend @ the swap meet, they all sold. I'm hoping there is a big turn out. Should be fun.

Yeah I'm gonna see who's mini i can steal for a race or two.. the crew is looking to pick up about 5-6 of them for our own mini bike events were gonna starting!!!

SEE YA THERE!

Back
Top Bottom