DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW ENGINE COLORS AND PHOTOS!

Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! VELOCITY STACKS

I think it would look Bad-ASS in a slightly raked "Digger" style frame!!!!! DO it!!!!

tWistedWheelz said:
Please don't put that motor in a chopper looking frame.....it would be like presenting a Picasso in a waffle house urinal!
no matter what you put it in, ^^^this^^^ is hilarious.

I got my rims! The front rim is 4.25x17 with a 120 tire and the rear is a 7x17 with a 190 tire!

It was dark when I took these photos so I will take some more tomorrow in the daylight but here is what they look like.

The front rim.
000_0006-1.jpg

000_0015-1.jpg

The rear rim.
000_0017.jpg

000_0016.jpg

Nice Joey. This is gonna be a shiny bike when it's done....and that's a GOOD thing!

Joey, what rims are those? Were they made wider before they were polished and chromed? What tires are on them in the pictures? Widest OEM I know of is 6.0 inches and OEM fronts are typically 3.0 or 3.5" Of course that's measured across the beads without a tire on the rim.

Drag bike / Street rod look would work with that motor. A little more rake would suit that style. Low and mean.

Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! RIM PHOTOS!

fark that's a wide tyre! Interested to see how you align that puppy with the chain. Keep it coming.

cheers
ian

Wow man... So cool. I agree that a slightly raked and lowered frame would look the business, no matter what Brandon (the chopper hater) says. ;)

Hayabusas and Zx12's run 200 rear tyres as stock, not sure what rim size they run though??

HELL YA RAKE THAT SUCKER!!!!! dude i want to add like 5* and 4 inches to my swing arm on my CB500... looks insane!!!
Brandon... both garage company's cb750s are raked... that is where i got the idea... keep it low, lean, and lower the fork tubes to keep it flat just add about 2 in to the down tubes... when i do mine ill do pics along the way, it is fairly painless i did one wiht my dad when i was in HS
IMG_5971.JPG

honda-cb750-caferacer.JPG

garage-company-cb750+FDphoto.jpg

SWEET! i am def doing this!!! was actually planning it out with our shop welder last night... we are going to get started on the jig next week when the new welding table is finished up

Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! FRONT SUSPENSION PHOTOS!

Brothers I think I am going to lower the bike a couple inches and build the front end of the frame with close to stock rake as I like the look of a close front wheel and this bike will already look roomy up front without having the exhaust up there!

I have always thought the rear wheel was too far forward on these bikes so I will definately be running a longer swingarm than stock.

Here is a photo of the front end I am using, it is a KYB 43mm setup.
000_0042.jpg

In this photo the rim is sitting in the stock location and you can see how much clearance there is for the carburetor.
000_0028.jpg

pretttyyy sweeet man! keep goinggg

Today we used the tank from my dads 550 and finished setting everything up to see what the bike would look like and to get measurements so I can start building the frame.

The engine and tank are going to be a 1 1/2 inches higher than what they are in this photo.

000_0004.jpg

Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW PHOTO!

Anyway of rotating the engine up a little so the intake is pointed straight at the front wheel?

Otherwise you'll need some serious rake on the front end...which I'm sure you realize.

do you have a front and rear shot as well?

ian

bikeboy said:
do you have a front and rear shot as well?

ian

Brother bikeboy I will take some more photos in the morning and post them for you!

I was originally going to build a cafe style bike but have made the final decision to go with more of a pro street look.

The gas tank in this photo is from my dads 550 but I will be running the same style tank.

000_0004.jpg

I knew the rest of the bike would be sweet. I just couldn't imagine it being that sweet. All I can say is amazing shit Joey. You have our attention sir.

Damn Joey! Been busy much? Looking great man, that swingarm looks really long, but I am sure with a sub-frame built on for a seat it will flow much smoother, can't wait to see more!

Back
Top Bottom