www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Another XV750 Cafe Build...how original, right?  (Read 4600 times)

Offline MORK

• Back at er
Re: Another XV750 Cafe Build...how original, right?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 05, 2017, 19:49:04 »
Too bad you are far away, I would have almost given away the front end I just pulled off the XV920R (dual brakes, good master, new tire etc.)

Your Mojave replica looks to be in much better shape than what I gave up on - I know they have been done so many times, but it's only keyboard ninjas that will complain about it. Looks good.

Offline cole.pinnow

« Reply #31 on: Apr 06, 2017, 01:47:42 »
Too bad you are far away, I would have almost given away the front end I just pulled off the XV920R (dual brakes, good master, new tire etc.)

Your Mojave replica looks to be in much better shape than what I gave up on - I know they have been done so many times, but it's only keyboard ninjas that will complain about it. Looks good.

Thanks! It's my first ever build of this magnitude by myself. First ever bike, and IMO no where near where yours will end up. But hey, we all have to learn somehow.

The tank has had a lot of love given to it already - new filler neck welded on, few random pieces ground off etc. If you look closely in person, it looks like a one eyed 12 year old folded it all together. It's very lopsided. You might even be able to notice the back pieces near where the seat meets the tank are different for this reason.

In reference to your front end, where are you located?

Edit: Colorado. How do you feel about shipping? Lol.

Offline MORK

• Back at er
« Reply #32 on: Apr 06, 2017, 15:57:17 »
Heh - you may have gotten the tank from the same vendor I tried. Good luck to you on that one. FYI - most all that crap liner came off with vinegar for a few days. Shaken around with some drywall screws would have dispatched the rest, but it revealed so many pinhole leaks, I started the hunt for the new tank.

I couldn't imagine shipping it. The wheel is just so heavy it would end up costing an arm and a leg.

Offline cole.pinnow

« Reply #33 on: Apr 06, 2017, 22:05:48 »
Heh - you may have gotten the tank from the same vendor I tried. Good luck to you on that one. FYI - most all that crap liner came off with vinegar for a few days. Shaken around with some drywall screws would have dispatched the rest, but it revealed so many pinhole leaks, I started the hunt for the new tank.

I couldn't imagine shipping it. The wheel is just so heavy it would end up costing an arm and a leg.

Yeah I figured as much. Thanks for the heads up on the liner. It looks terrible in there so I'm hoping it cleans out alright...