www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*  (Read 267217 times)

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: My Suzi T500 Project
« Reply #110 on: Mar 26, 2011, 20:49:20 »
If anyone knows where there are a set of new or used RIGHT side oil lines for sale I'd appreciate a heads up.  I'm having no luck locating said oil lines.

Offline CobraRad

« Reply #111 on: Mar 28, 2011, 13:06:16 »
I'll keep my eyes/ears open for ya!!  At the end of this week, I will be checking with a local guy who has a cycle "boneyard".  This older gentleman is in poor health, so I have to wait for his OK to go see what he's got.  He told me he has over 550 old bikes in various stages of disrepair.  I will find out if he has any old t500s and check on the oil lines for ya.  Please remind me if you don't hear from me by the beginning of next week.  Tim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline sunnamp33

« Reply #112 on: Mar 28, 2011, 13:26:27 »
Thats funny. I need the exact part and am having the same problems with ebay. Let me know if you find a solution and  will do the same for you. Good looking bike by the way. Keep it up.

Offline sparkymoto

• Good Spark Garage
« Reply #113 on: Mar 28, 2011, 13:47:12 »
I've seen on another forum where the following site is a good source. But when searching the fiche, I'm not sure the parts are listed that you need. See what you think: shspowersports

(select oil pump from the toggle)

Wondering if part 15 is what you need. However, this very part is listed as "DISCONTINUED" on BikeBandit. Soooo... itsa shot in the dark. Maybe it will pan out but would hate to send you on a wild goose chase.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #114 on: Mar 28, 2011, 18:49:27 »
Ok guys appreciate you keeping a look out for me. 

Sparky, I am going to check shspowersports with a phone call as they are listing the part I need (#15).  All other suzuki dealers say it's a discontinued part.  Thanks.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #115 on: Apr 13, 2011, 20:36:18 »
Sorry guys no progress to report.  Still haven't located my oil lines yet, saw a used one on ebay for $50 plus shipping but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a used plastic pipe!  I may have to go down the custom braided hose route as suggested earlier.  Also still haven't been able to find a used lathe yet so I can machine up my steering stem and swingarm parts.  I may end up buying a new lathe!!  I am also looking for a couple of 30mm lock rings/nuts for my steering stem.  I have heard that some of the suzuki gsxr's use 30mm lock rings, can anyone confirm this or know of any other bike that uses 30mm on the stem?

Offline sparkymoto

• Good Spark Garage
« Reply #116 on: Apr 13, 2011, 21:50:47 »
Hey, Johnu.

you should be good on the gsxr lock rings:
http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/steering-stem-gsxr1000-2005-06.html

not sure about others.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #117 on: Apr 13, 2011, 23:41:29 »
Thanks sparky, are you saying that you think item #13 is the 30mm nut or item #8?  I appreciate the help.

Offline sparkymoto

• Good Spark Garage
« Reply #118 on: Apr 14, 2011, 00:04:54 »
Thanks sparky, are you saying that you think item #13 is the 30mm nut or item #8?  I appreciate the help.
Right...#13. The other item looks to be just the standard top nut.

Good luck with the momentum on this. My Titan project is slowly picking up the progress. I have an 06 GSXR 600 front end awaiting installation. I'm going the Harley twin disc 1" hub route (a la Squirley build) and lacing to a 19" high shouldered alloy Morad. Hayabusa rotors will finish it out. Looking forward to seeing your bike develop.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #119 on: Apr 14, 2011, 00:13:32 »
Right...#13. The other item looks to be just the standard top nut.

Good luck with the momentum on this. My Titan project is slowly picking up the progress. I have an 06 GSXR 600 front end awaiting installation. I'm going the Harley twin disc 1" hub route (a la Squirley build) and lacing to a 19" high shouldered alloy Morad. Hayabusa rotors will finish it out. Looking forward to seeing your bike develop.
Ok perfect.  If I was doing the project over I would have used a GSXR front end, the Kawi 636 is a bit of pain due to the 35mm stem diameter.  Good luck with your project, post up some pics for us!  Those shouldered rims look sweet - good choice.