Really like these Doc Martens.... Anyone have a pair?

They look kinda like the Gasolinas but a little more rocker and a little less metrosexual....

As far as the regression test: The kind that is making sure the device drivers in DirecTV set top boxes are still working right after making upgrades....

Man I do a lot of regressions at work but I guess our data sets are tiny. Run them in SPSS on my comp in about 30 seconds.

Doesn't leave me a lot of extra time for surfing the ol' internet.

Docs are no longer made in England and the quality has gone down. I bought a pair of English Docs at a yard sale for $5 and beat the hell out of them and they still wear like iron. If you want a pair, find them at a second hand shop and make sure they are made in England.

Every pair of Docs I've owned in my life got worn til they wouldn't wear no more.... I wouldn't have much hope of finding any second-hand.

Alas, it seems there weren't enough punks and skins in the world to keep DM's from having to resort to cheap overseas labor.... Although you can get the 'vintage' line which are still made in England to original specs, but for close to twice the price as the 'normal' ones.....

These biker boots are pretty sharp-looking regardless of whether they're made in Thailand......

And besides.... my bike's made in Japan.... :)

Toronto has no shortage of used Docs, plenty of them in the vintage shops. Saw a mint pair for $60 back in the spring.

I wear Doc Marten's work boots. My first pair lasted 5 years and I wanted the same ones, had to track them down on the web and have them shipped to me. Hope I get another 5 years out of these ones.

I bought some Chippewa rally boots, but was disappointed by them upon arrival. I found a pair of Doc Martens like these: http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-5389-dr-martens-jenny-boot.aspx
at the local Academy Sporting Goods store for a lower price. I returned the Chippewas and I love my Docs. I wear them almost every day. They are the most comfortable shoes I own. I have a pair of 5 hole Docs that I've owned for 11 years that are still in great shape.

Blake said:
I bought some Chippewa rally boots, but was disappointed by them upon arrival. I found a pair of Doc Martens like these: http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-5389-dr-martens-jenny-boot.aspx
at the local Academy Sporting Goods store for a lower price. I returned the Chippewas and I love my Docs. I wear them almost every day. They are the most comfortable shoes I own. I have a pair of 5 hole Docs that I've owned for 11 years that are still in great shape.

Those are nice!

I remember back in the late 80s/early 90s when my most prized possessions were my '69 Chevelle, my Vespa Rally 200, my hand-painted leather jacket and my 10-hole Docs. Good times :)

Those 'Steven' boots look like they go up pretty high.... I think in the near future I'm gonna order either a pair of those or maybe good ol' 14 holes (black).

I also have to say that I have quite a bit of fondness for Docs because had I not been wearing them when a Volvo turned left in front me on my Vespa back in college, I'd only have one foot now (according to the surgeon who pieced my right foot and ankle back together at the time)

Back
Top Bottom