www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: GOT a Zookie! "OVERKILL!"  (Read 92823 times)

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
Re: GOT a Zookie!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2011, 21:29:02 »
I've been doing a lot of disassembly, cleaning, sandblasting, and painting of the old parts. How do you paint when it single digits? Easy... preheat the parts and paint in the "Mens Room" here at home, run out in the garage and shoot a coat, then bring them back in to the heater and let it cure. Swear it gets about 90 in my little bathroom.

Big news is I sold the spare tank that didn't fit and used that $ to buy a Kerker header with a SuperTrapp tunable muffler. Looks a little rusty on the back side of the pipes but has no dents. I am so stoked!

Once it gets here, if the the chrome doesn't clean up I will remove /mask off the muffler and sandblast the header. Then shoot it with black high-temp paint at work and cure it in the Paint Departments bake oven there. Being a Maintenance Super has it's perks! ;)

Yes, a frame fits in there quite nicely!

Heat wave here tonight, up in the 20's... tomorrow it's supposed to get above freezing! I have been out in the shop with Simple Green and a scrub-brush working on the engine. Seems to be cleaning up nicely. Maybe if I get off work in time considering it's a Saturday I can take it out of the shop and actually rinse it off!
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2011, 22:39:25 »
Lookin good Hoosier! If I tried that in my shower, my wife would say she's happy it's being used for SOMETHING.

Offline CrescentSon

« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:34:59 »
Funny, my wife would be using it to prep the body for burial. A+ for getting it done no matter what.
"I hated hipsters before it was cool." -Sonreier

"Lifes a bitch when your trying to sell gold bars to beggars" -VonYinzer

"To say that ALL cafe racers are the same degree of ho hum is like saying that finger banging a fisher price piano is on par with listening to Beethoven." -Kanticoy

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #33 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:36:51 »
No where did I say the wifey was too thrilled about it! She worked late the night before, and I got up eary to get it done before she woke up. First words out of her mouth was "what are you doing?" next was "Are you crazy?"
 But by then it was all over... and she really knew the answer before she asked. ;)
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline IndieSol

• "This one goes to eleven." -Nigel Tufnel
    • Project: Pariah
« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2011, 12:42:09 »
Nice work so far!  I'll definitely be using stripper in the future.  That's for sure.

+1 on the Dynojet kit.  The difference in my bike was very noticeable, and all positive.  I still have some fine tuning, but in a very minor way.  I feel like I could ride my bike as is indefinitely.  Someone less inept in myself could have it done in a few hours.  Now that I've done it, I feel confident even I could.

Can't wait to see where this one goes....and I'm jealous about that 16 valve motor.
BMW R100
XT350
CJ360 Cafe Project

Project: Pariah

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #35 on: Feb 08, 2011, 19:49:12 »
Order of events...
I've been detailing the frame, Ground off the tabs I don't plan on using, getting rid of the rust with Naval Jelly and then grinding the factory welds splatter. Saturday I took it to work and shot it with 2 cans of Rustoleums "Etching Primer". Let it cure in the warm shop and picked it up Sunday Morning.

Plan on using those factory rear frame horns to mount the stock chrome fender relocated rolled forward to give it a stubby look. I want to get a Sparto tail light from DCC first before doing any drilling to get the angles right.

Yesterday I finally got the Kerker  / Supertrapp header setup I bought. Damn snow slowed everything down. It actually looked better than I expected and will only have to paint the tubes black, the muffler cleaned up pretty good and the best part is NO DENTS!!!

Then, last night I won and e-bay auction for a complete engine set of OEM Suzuki gaskets and seals for $50! They are shipping today.

I am really wanting a big 7" Lucas style headlight.

I originally ordered it from Cycle"X" for the Bomber build, but he was out of stock and upgraded me to an OEM style for the same price so I didn't bitch. I see he has it listed again but now it's also on DCC. So I may need to give them guys yet another order along with 4 more of those awesome billet aluminum turn signals from them too!

« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2011, 20:09:45 by Hoosier Daddy »

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Plastic

• make it rain bitches
    • my piece of @$#@
« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2011, 19:31:04 »
To the top! Anxiously awaiting updates.
With a true champion face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies.

And my ass ain’t no pussy. My ass is a f*cking champion.

-------------------------------

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #37 on: Mar 04, 2011, 22:00:57 »
Ok, been a while since I updated but this is why... spent nights and nights of wet sanding, gradually moving to finer grit down to 800. Here are the "Before" Pics.

Then last night I went to my "New Old Mates" shop where they have a buffing wheel. Here is where those same pieces are tonight.

Yep, thats the ceiling fan and my cell in the reflection of those rotten ass old parts!
Now that is out of the way I can finally move onto other stuff!!!
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2011, 23:14:27 by Hoosier Daddy »

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #38 on: Mar 05, 2011, 01:12:33 »
Ouch. The before pics are hard to look at without cringing a little.....

Good job Hoosier!

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #39 on: Mar 05, 2011, 10:10:27 »
ha ha ha thta is looking GREAT!!!!!!!! keep at it man, love the covers!!!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more