www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: GOT a Zookie! "OVERKILL!"  (Read 92825 times)

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
Re: GOT a Zookie!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 12, 2011, 19:38:49 »
You coming down to Rockers Reunion on May 14th?
I SO want to be there on the Bomber 'oldwing! Need to get some decent weather so I can get her out for some higher milage cruises now that everything is titled and registered befor I venture that far though...

While I was at the Autoparts store picking up some Duplicolor 1650 engine paint for the engine case I found VHT's epoxy black for the fork lowers and after reading the can seemed exactly what I need. Snagged a can and now waiting on the weather to co-opperate to shoot them.

« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2011, 19:47:22 by Hoosier Daddy »
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #51 on: Mar 13, 2011, 19:43:53 »
This ones coming along nicely Hoosier!   Lots of love in the polished parts.  Let me know how the epoxy works may grab some for my sons mini bike project.
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #52 on: Mar 13, 2011, 21:08:31 »
Thanks Maritime! I will post picks of the final product.
Today I got the polished oil pan back on and masked it off then shot the bottom half of the engine cases with the Duplicors engine enamel. That way I got the big end resealed ASAP and I can roll her back upright to continue onto the top half.
 Also finished scuffing the primer on the frame... Another good day with low humidity and I can shoot it in the metalic charcoal grey I picked up for it.
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline IndieSol

• "This one goes to eleven." -Nigel Tufnel
    • Project: Pariah
« Reply #53 on: Mar 15, 2011, 02:07:02 »
The covers look great, man.  I can't wait to see more.
BMW R100
XT350
CJ360 Cafe Project

Project: Pariah

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #54 on: Mar 17, 2011, 21:29:49 »
"...and the frame was hung from the rafters with care,
In hopes that warm dry weather soon would be there."

Some times it pays to listen to the Weather Man! Yesterday they were predicting good sunny warmth here for a change so I hung the frame and blew it all off while wipeing it down with alcohol, then turned to grinding off the tabs from the swinger for the fat chrome chaingaurd I won't be using. Need to sandblast, prime and paint it. I want to try that Rustoleum bedliner spray in its center section before shooting it with color...
 Today just as promised 70 when I got off work. I came home, blew it off one last time and shot the Charcoal Grey. 4 coats with the last one so heavy to avoid dry spray I though it might sag, but it turned out nice and glossy from any angle and no sags... At least what I could see in the shop lighting.

In person it is much darker, but my cell pics brightened it up in the shops low light conditions. So once it cures I will take it out in the sunshine for better pics with the good camera. Next comes the swingarm, I bought a spare can of paint from the same lot for that and will have enough for some misc fasteners later.

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #55 on: Mar 18, 2011, 07:07:08 »
Hoosier, is that your garage? Looks like an airplane could park in there. Or at least a lot more motorcycles and such......

Good work!

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #56 on: Mar 18, 2011, 18:18:56 »
Ha-ha-ha Rich, that is the east end of my "shop" aka: Garage Mahal / Man cave, that's NOT attached to the house.  Had a little thread when it was being built at the end of last summer here. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=16545.0

Some of the previous posts on this Zookie build were looking the other direction (west). It's only 24 x 32 but it is the cats ass for my 3 bikes, 2 mowers, a 12' oak bar and 3 work benches and still room to work on a car if the two car garage is full. That's a 12' wide overhead door... For the winter I only had a 100' 10/3 extension cord running out there for lights and power tools, but this summer it's getting POWER! And yes, I plan on more bike builds and working on other peoples bikes out of it for a side business. Friends are getting the word around, have two jobs lined up already. Formal announcement of the business name forthcoming ;)

« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011, 18:27:03 by Hoosier Daddy »

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #57 on: Mar 18, 2011, 22:21:58 »
Ya, I remember that thread now. Maybe it's the angle of the pic or something but it looks huge in there. Power is great, I wouldn't mind running water. And air conditioning........

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #58 on: Mar 18, 2011, 22:28:15 »
That pink Jeep is not life size..  ;D   ;)   ;D

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #59 on: Mar 19, 2011, 22:18:00 »
Better outdoor pics of the frame to show it's true color. Gloss is still there but didn't show up in the pics...

AND I got 4 coats of VHT epoxy paint on the fork lowers... today it was not too warm out, so once they dried to the touch I brought them in to cure over night. This stuff lays nice!

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5