Sorry for the excitement. It turns out that Hoosier, sent me a PM, possibly to avoid embarrassing me...about my bleeding issue on my calipers.
Firstly. He pointed out that my bleeder in the previous pics, are on the bottom of the caliper. They should be up the top...I put them on the wrong sides, and thus, upside down, and thus allowing the air to be trapped up the top and i was bleeding from the bottom.
I swapped them when i got home from work, and 5 mins of bleeding, I had a rock solid brake lever. I spent days on this, with nothing, then 5 mins of it (the right way up) and I have brakes as solid as boulder.
Thanks Hoosier! Life saver
wont be making that mistake again lol
here is the latest...
Just continuing assembly...
So, when I build my new rearset mounts to take the rearsets off a GSXR, I fabricated some new mounts, worked out the height I wanted, and spot welded the brackets. Then I fitted the rearsets and made some adjustments and continued to weld the brackets.
I was very happy with the result.
When I went to fit the rearsets today, I realised the rearset linkage was a tad short, so I got some 6mm rod, cut to size and welded it to the linkage...all went well...
Until I kicked up the kickstand :O oh oh...
I never, ever, during fabrication kicked up the stand with the rearsets mounted, so I have a slight issue.
Top View...The actual kickstand will clear the gear lever and linkage so it should be ok.
After looking at my R6, I realised this is a common issue so they resolved it by placing the kick bar half way up the stand...I wish I tested this before becuase now i have to cut off the kick bar, and weld it half way up the stand, which means the powdercoat will be ruinined. So I'm just going to sandblast it down to raw, and after its fixed Ill paint it black...Not so bad.
More on this later