81 Yamaha SR250

yam81

Been Around the Block
Thanks to 78kz for telling me how to upload pics from photobucket its super easy so i started the post all over again after his post :D

new hex bolts OTW 8)

Attachments

• !CEd!TQQBGk~$(KGrHqN,!g8E0fiL7cPGBNR8t9BLTg~~0_12.JPG
    !CEd!TQQBGk~$(KGrHqN,!g8E0fiL7cPGBNR8t9BLTg~~0_12.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 407
To add your pix from photobucket, run your mouse over a picture there.
This will bring up 4 boxes.
Click on the bottom one, the image tag. This copies it.
The in a post here, type away.
To add the picture, paste (press ctrl & V togther) in the copied image tag.

oh cool thats good to know! be better then people going to Photobucket all the time haha. oh the before picture is acutely the second bike i have two hahaha got both of them for $200 bucks have the top one at the mechanics seeing what it will need to be safetied so far new rear shocks and a front tire.

so with my new understanding of photobucket here is my build :)
so i started with this
DSCF0499.jpg

and am thinking of going this way with the colours
DSCF0499-paintruff.jpg

have the frame back from the sandblasters its primed and have some parts back on it to do some mock ups and get ideas
IMG_8350.jpg

when i got the engine this is what it looked like ruff shape was the parts bike for the guy i got it off was sitting in his yard and some other people had been picking parts off it so iv been on ebay buying up the parts i need to complete the engine will post my recent buys right after this post of the dirty engine
DSCF0518.jpg

DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0521.jpg

engine after the first cleaning and tare down don't know how to get the dirt out of all the small little corners any ideas? its super caked on and hard, took a brass brush to it today and some wet sandpaper helped a little but still a lot left, also not sure if i should paint the engine with high temp paint
IMG_8386.jpg

IMG_8387.jpg

here are the covers i have yet to clean them up will just be polishing them i think, i will need to replace the left side cover there is a crack might JB weld it for now but i have until the spring to get a new one
IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8389.jpg

oh if any one knows of a kick start out there for this bike or one that would fit it please let me know Cheers

parts that are on there way (well on the way to my sisters in the good ol' U S of A) hopefully pick them up this month
exhaust down pipe
CEWBlQgBWkKGrHqRiQE0HO53knBNRiHDKT4w_12.jpg

cylinder head and all the components i had to buy still cheaper then some other people selling the parts out there
CEWBTQBmkKGrHqRlgE1GDtyJGOBNRiFQCF9g_12.jpg

CEVnggBGkKGrHqNisE0F3cuJ3ZBNRiBDky3Q_12.jpg

CEViRCGkKGrHqVlsE1F-2lO6BNRizKZNQ_12.jpg

CEWBr2gWkKGrHqRiIE0F-onjqzBNRiHYq7Eg_12.jpg

CEWCM6gBmkKGrHqVh8E0FEELDNgBNRiJBrkg_12-1.jpg

here is the carb. after one cleaning and a brass brush
IMG_8378.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

IMG_8380.jpg

I also am getting a new used diaphragm seeing as the one in it is garb
CEV6CGkKGrHqJi4E0FlSuh8tBNRiCC5Mg_12.jpg

does anyone know of a company online or some were in Canada that i could get some hex bolts/screws or the carb?

New/used cylinder and piston, cylinder needed to be honed had a friend do it at his shop here is a pic of the hone
IMG_8384.jpg

piston looks to be in good shape and the body is clean

IMG_8385.jpg

so when i first started to tear down the engine i found a hunk of metal in by the A.C. Generator that led me to tear the whole engine apart to make sure there were no chunks in the engine and if there was that they didn't do any damage. there was a lot of metal in the engine but thankfully they didn't do any damage! :D
IMG_8382.jpg

i think this is were the metal came from, unless it was from the old top end not sure it didn't come with the top end
IMG_8383.jpg

the inside of the engine after being cleaned out, sorry no before pictures didn't find the camera until a few days ago
IMG_8354.jpg

IMG_8355.jpg

the little bit of oil in the engine is from me putting it on the bearing so they wouldn't rust or any thing like that

i have also taken apart both front and rear hubs to clean and take a part the breaks to look over and grease the pivot points on them.
IMG_8374.jpg

here is the rear hub all cleaned up again didn't have the camera to get a pic of it dirty but it was nasty!
IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_8373.jpg

does any one know of an easy way to get the clutch hub off so i can see what shape the dampers are in?

new head light bracket had it on and testing the fit looks good just need to get some handle bars now haha
IMG_8366.jpg

Back
Top Bottom