1979 CM400 first build.

Wattson007

1979 CM400 Bobber
Hey here are a few pics of the $150.00 cm400 im building. This is my first bike build. Threw caution to the wind and just started cutting. Trying to use as much of the cm parts as possible. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Christian

Attachments

• 179.JPG
    179.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 181.JPG
    181.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 455
  • 159.JPG
    159.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 473
  • 182.JPG
    182.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 448
Here is a side shot, im still working on it and was just mocking it up here. You can see I cut down the seat "horns and shaved the ridge off the top. I drilled and welded a few holes through them and i think it looks alright. I was going to stretch the rear end but kinda like the shorty look thats coming through. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I found the canvas gas mask bag at a flea market and will mount it to haul stuff and hide the space behind the carbs.

Attachments

• 170.JPG
    170.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 429
  • 179.JPG
    179.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 169.JPG
    169.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 610
Can you post some close up pics of where you attached the seat loop to the frame? I like that. Ever thought of mounting the shocks to the frame itself and getting rid if those horrid frame slats altogether? I saw one like that. Looked awesome.

Head Light on now. Will make a hoop over the top for looks and a place to mount a gauge or too

Attachments

• Big Front View.JPG
    Big Front View.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 414
Ok, It will have to tomorrow though Im heading ou. Thanks for the inpt. What did they use to secure the top of the hocks to the tubes?

That is a super clean bike. What style would you guys call this bike? I really like the layout and simple design. Wish I knew how to hide, or reduce all the electronics for that clean look.

What is everyone's take on how the shocks were relocated? What would be the pro's and con's of this? Any precautions if I were to do this to my cb400t? I'm thinking of doing this or even fitting a monoshock. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I recently completed all the body work on a 82 CM 450 very similar frame. Hiding the wires is eaiser than you think there a few things you have to keep the rest is junk. I was able to pair down till everything fit inside the head light. I had the same idea though about moving the shock forward interested to know if it is safe.

I don't suppose you have any sort of wiring diagram you used? Even if you just sketched it out... Do you have any words of caution on the wiring?

Back
Top Bottom