Help me sort out my wiring loom

Kaff

So, I started to go through the wiring diagram to figure out which wires are useless to me so I can clean up the wiring loom a bit. Hopefully some of you have more experience reading diagrams than me so you can verify my conclusions before I cut something vital off my wiring loom..

Here's a modified picture of the Honda XBR500 / GB500 wiring loom. The red leads represent the ones that are no longer needed:
Honda_XBR500_tulevajohtokaavio.jpg

The way I figured it:
- The sidestand indicator and the sidestand switch are useless (and not found on my bike to start with if I recall correctly).
- The starter motor and relay are useless since this bike will be kickstart only.
- The clutch switch is no longer needed as I find it to be connected only to the starter motor relay
- The neutral indicator wiring has been partially removed, due to the fact that I like having the neutral indicator light on my instrument panel, but it no longer needs to relate to the starter relay.
- The starter switch can also be de-wired since, well, there's no starter.

Hopefully you can point out any flaws with my plans or better yet, find more stuff that can be removed!

If the picture is too small (sorry, photobucket won't let me post bigger ones), here's a more hi-res picture of the original loom: http://www.motoinfo.yoyo.pl/Honda/Honda%20XBR500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom