www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: cb350 rigid build  (Read 16632 times)

Offline Matt289

Re: cb350 rigid build
« Reply #50 on: Jun 11, 2011, 01:19:25 »
ok,
so it fits.   Did a little mini mockup to see how things are looking.   Still on the hunt for the perfect white seat yet.  Garage is cleaner.    I'm sorry for the long delay.   I've been busy with work and then spent a week in upper MI back packing and riding mx (dirtbikes).    What a blast, if you ever get a chance go up there and ride the UP.

rear drum has been spaced 1/8 for additional chain room.   Motor mounts going in this week after the seat post tube goes in.  Old CB battery box is in there for a room check, between the fender and tube.   no the rectangle stock isn't going in there, it'll be round DOM 1.75" tube.

Hate the top clamp so I may rework it to smooth it out more.   Moving to do the front end after the motor tabs are welded into place. 

Enjoy!

Offline forcefanajd

« Reply #51 on: Jun 11, 2011, 11:46:29 »
what the hell.....what kind of rear hub is that with the brake on the same side as the chain?

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #52 on: Jun 11, 2011, 11:51:39 »
Old Harley? Like this, just spin the wheel around:

The bike is looking killer man. Cant wait to see it all finished.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline forcefanajd

« Reply #53 on: Jun 11, 2011, 11:54:39 »
very cool.  its similar to what hes got there, i guess i just never took note of a bike set up like that.

Offline Matt289

« Reply #54 on: Jun 11, 2011, 12:59:37 »
its actually a triumph non conical rear wheel laced to a 16" h-d wheel.   Suprised no one caught this sooner  ;)

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #55 on: Jun 11, 2011, 13:09:32 »
man very sharp build i am actually really digging the petinia on the fraem you thought about keeping it like that, just clearing over it maybe? love the stance
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline Matt289

« Reply #56 on: Jun 11, 2011, 17:16:51 »
man very sharp build i am actually really digging the petinia on the fraem you thought about keeping it like that, just clearing over it maybe? love the stance

I'm not 100% sure on color/paint options.   Tempted to go all pretty 60's show bike style with polished bits here and there, and heavy flake, or....rock the rust for a summer then paint and make it pretty.   I'm a ways away from that point.

Offline Matt289

« Reply #57 on: Jun 11, 2011, 20:38:25 »
Old Harley? Like this, just spin the wheel around:

The bike is looking killer man. Cant wait to see it all finished.

whoever took this photo should have put a different color background as the tank gets lost...  PhotoFail!

Offline Matt289

« Reply #58 on: Jul 18, 2011, 23:27:52 »
more updates.
back bone is tacked in, motor mount plates roughed out.   Sorry for the long gap in posting, been riding up in MI with the KX, trying to get and stay healthy, and working on other people's bikes/cars so my stuff always is last.

trying it on for size.  58" inch wheel base, I'm 5-11 175 pounds like long walks on the beach...

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #59 on: Jul 19, 2011, 11:21:01 »
That looks great! Gonna be a sweet ride when youre done man.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'