Slipstream Cycle

www.moto-madness.com

www.caferacerxxx.com

www.oldschoolspeed.com

www.rustrev.com

www.bullitcustomcycles.com

DWMS Racing

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: "Motorcycle George" NW Indiana  (Read 3872 times)

Offline CobraRad

"Motorcycle George" NW Indiana
« on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:31:26 »
Hey guys, went to see "motorcycle george" yesterday.  I had heard rumors of a bike boneyard in my area, and my nephew found it!   A bit depressing seeing ~500 bikes slowly rusting away, but this guys got barns full of parts.  He claims to have over 4000 carburators and 300 complete engines; and seeing his inventory, I wouldn't be suprised.  He has gas tanks hanging from the ceiling like alien pods, I could see at least 200 tanks!  I was looking for t500 parts, but didn't find anything.  My nephew was looking for cx500 parts, and had 6 complete bikes to pick from.  Anyway, if your looking for something specific, you can call him at (219)942-4892.  Not sure how he prices things, I didn't find anything to buy.  He is located in Hobart, IN 46342.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline JESUS FREEK

Re: "Motorcycle George" NW Indiana
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:40:00 »
 We also have one in Decauter In.  D&A Motorcycle Salvage.260 724 7055. I havent been there yet. I was gonna make a trip down there to look for a seat for my cl350,the kids are sick and I may go with a HotWing fiberglass cafe instead. I need emblems for my side covers so I may try for next weekend.
1973 CL350 Baby Blue          done
1972 CB750 Red & Reddy    well.........not yet

Offline GoshenCafe

Re: "Motorcycle George" NW Indiana
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2011, 11:47:45 »
Hobart, IN 46342.
Sweet, about an hour away from me, ill have to check it out.