Need to ID a swingarm

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Any thoughts on what this might be? It apparantly will bolt straight into my XS650, a fact I've pretty much confirmed with a ruler and comparison to my other two swingarms.

It's pretty much identical in dimension to the Radian swingarm, which you can see in the pic of the three swingarms I have at the moment for my 650 (first on the left). Choices...

Swingarms002.jpg

Swingarms003.jpg

Swingarms004.jpg

Swingarms005.jpg

Tintin said:
Any thoughts on what this might be? It apparantly will bolt straight into my XS650, a fact I've pretty much confirmed with a ruler and comparison to my other two swingarms.

It's pretty much identical in dimension to the Radian swingarm, which you can see in the pic of the three swingarms I have at the moment for my 650 (first on the left). Choices...

looks like a zx7 ninga swing arm..what year?...I will try to find it!

Word on the street is its a 95-96 FZR600 swingarm which has been modified pretty heavily.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D320145303347%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=320145303347

Looks to me like it's been sliced down the middle, narrowed and welded back together, hence the seam in the pivot tube and brace. It has also had twin shock mounts added, some brackets removed and a mount for the rear brake stay added.

The pivot bolt and axle are the same as the stock XS650 units.

Someone wanted to use this swingarm pretty badly to do all this to it. I may put it up in the rafters for a future project, or might put it up on eBay and sell it for a fortune.

I have everything for it but the rear axle. I think a stock FZR600 axle would be the right starting point, machining it down to length, or something like that anyhow. Its quite a bit wider than the stock 650 arm at the back end.

Would look pretty cool with a set of inverted forks up front ;)

Back
Top Bottom